• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2007-04-27]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
ZaWarudo wrote:
I'm actually surprised the percentages for Japanese schoolgirls who are virgins aren't lower- that's still half of them coming out of high school as virgins.

I actually found it shocking that so many of them were not virigns after high school. I always thought they were the kind to wait until they get older and when I was in school there I didn't see any of the students in a relationship. That makes me wonder who are they doing it with if they are not in relationships? Is it just with people around school or what? Even more shocking was that they don't sleep toget or have sex much when they are married. That puts ah huge hole in my plan.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:20 am Reply with quote
Ichigo77 wrote:
ZaWarudo wrote:
I'm actually surprised the percentages for Japanese schoolgirls who are virgins aren't lower- that's still half of them coming out of high school as virgins.

I actually found it shocking that so many of them were not virigns after high school. I always thought they were the kind to wait until they get older and when I was in school there I didn't see any of the students in a relationship. That makes me wonder who are they doing it with if they are not in relationships? Is it just with people around school or what? Even more shocking was that they don't sleep toget or have sex much when they are married. That puts ah huge hole in my plan.
I’m extremely but cautiously curious how you could have discovered this. Were you perhaps a gynaecologist working in Japan then?
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Ichigo77 wrote:
ZaWarudo wrote:

I’m extremely but cautiously curious how you could have discovered this. Were you perhaps a gynaecologist working in Japan then?

No I read it in the article Zac posted.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:58 am Reply with quote
Okay I read that article too, but I got a different understanding of it. It seems to be implying that Japan is one of, if not THE lowest nation in the world for sexual desire and practice. It based most of its conclusions on the outcome of a survey done by a "girls magazine", however no where did I notice any reference, or consideration in the demography of that magazine, or the sincereness of those replies. In other words wasn't a controlled, or clinical survey, which causes me to have some questions about its validity. I'm not saying it's completely wrong, just that one should take it with a grain of salt.
what intrigued me more was the statement that.
"This magazine made the special with some collaboration from the Japanese Government try to incite Japanese girls to practice more sex and give birth to more girls (One big problem in Japan nowadays)." Like having more sex is going to guarantee more girls will be produced. Rolling Eyes That statement alone and it's grammatical errors, made me think "oh yeah, this is a scientific study". (not).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6