• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Licenses Air TV, Movie

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
Oh, but I love soda... in fact, I think people tell me it's worse than alcohol or something...

Anyway, if Monster isn't announced this summer...

I assume it means that we're screwed.

I leave for three days and this gets announced? Well with all these different and somewhat untouchable series being licensed it's kind of makes me feel that there is some hope out that Monster might see the US some day.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
I'm afraid I'm going to carry on with you there, Cloe and DKL. I don't drink alcohol at all. In fact, I don't even drink soda. It actually makes my life better, but I don't look down on anyone else for consuming alcohol.
That's good to know, considering I'm breaking the "no drinking alcohol" trend on this thread. I don't drink much, mostly just wine, but I rather like the taste of alcohol myself. The smell of strong drinks does bother me though.

Also, a little bit of alcohol has an extremely soothing affect on my nerves. Considering how on edge I am most of the time, that's a good thing.

And getting back to the thread topic:A thought just occurred to me. A number of people have been saying that the North American anime companies have been seeing a decline in sales lately. Maybe the reason some of these "we'll never see it licensed" titles are being picked up is that the companies are basically trying to re-invigorate the fanbase.

Granted, a series like Air isn't something everyone loves, but it certainly is stirring up a lot of chatter and it could be seen as potentially a step taken to try and get some of the downloaders to come back to the buying pool. (You've got to admit, this is one that a lot of people have been wanting.)
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quote
oh my god i don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing 0_o
Kisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:50 am Reply with quote
Thank you ADV you have made my weekend or possibly my year Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Bloody hell.
I needn't have imported this one after all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10