• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Encore Channels are getting overly boring now

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animeruler37

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote
I really don't know why they are show the same crap over and over and over (like an energizer bunny). It's really annoying, i see the whole season of each anime they, and hopefully go on to another anime. But that doesn't seem to happen at all. Like this one, Texhnolyze, i've seen it once. And ever since that time, they showed at least 20 times for that matter. it's like no one wants to watch that anymore. I can see why they call it The Encore Channels. But do they really have to view it 20 times a month.

It's like they don't change their anime until next year, there was another show called Vandread that showed a long time ago, and after like 10 months, they never changed it?????? Let's see what you guys think of Encore. Hopefully you guys think it is a complete waste of time.
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quote
Every time I actually remember to check Encore Action's "Animidnight," it seems they're playing Mirage of Blaze, a.k.a. "one of the worst anime ever produced." Getting some new stuff from them would be nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ayhoser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quote
I get irritated with movie channels becasue they tend to play the same things over and over, regardless of what it is.

However, I am not upset that they were showing anime. At least you get to see an anime compared to that Tribe series.
Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
Sorry - no complaints here. Nothing on Encore has gotten anywhere near my favorite list, and it's offerings have ranged from awful to not bad at all, but over time I've seen quite a bit of anime on it - including some things I've wanted to see but not enough to pay money for like Hellsing and Macross Plus.

As for the slow turnover, it costs money for them to get airing rights and they have to show things enough times to make the cost worthwhile.

Between CN/AS, Encore, Showtime Beyond, IFC and now Sci-Fi's new block, those of us in the US with a good cable package are actually getting quite a bit of anime. It's just a matter of having a little patience.
animeruler37

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
Here's another one, They are playing Samurai Deeper Kyo and i've seen that enough. I've looked at their future schedules on Encore, and i don't think it's gonna change. They showed anime on that repeatly and i was able to get a dvd recorder and record all the anime movies off from there, which it took a while to get one of these machines, and still they have never changed it. So yeah it would be better if they could spice up their television more. Because right now, i would give them for anime 1 out of 5. Yes i know that just showing anime is the good part. But think of it this way, Would you really watch just ONE anime like 20 times. Me, no. I would rather move on to something else. "Cool Anime show, ok what are they going to show next....What???? I don't want to watch this again."
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
Every time I actually remember to check Encore Action's "Animidnight," it seems they're playing Mirage of Blaze, a.k.a. "one of the worst anime ever produced." Getting some new stuff from them would be nice.

Oh, now I enjoy Mirage of Blaze and I'm hoping that the novels that it comes from will make it here to the States...

...but as for the Encore Channels and anime...well, they are boring to the extreme. They really need new stuff, it's been the same things for two or three years now...well MoB was added last year but still...
XxXserenityXxX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I totally agree with you animeruler37!!! I just don't expect anything on Encore anymore.... I got fed up of it a long...long...long........time ago -_-
Andrue

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:06 am Reply with quote
yeah man.
i used to watch hellsing when they showed it.
was that on encore?
one of the movie channels.
i think they showed cowboy bebop the movie.
and they showed steamboy.
otherthan that everything in the movie channels sucks for anime.
camelot187757

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:07 am Reply with quote
I don't even watch them anymore. Texhonolyze is pretty boring, IMO. Mirage of Blaze sucks something manly, and Samurai Deeper Kyo has overstayed it's welcome.

But since Encore doesn't need ad-money, they probably couldn't give a damn.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote
sigh ...encore...

i really stopped paying attention to that channel. i mean most of the anime they show isnt really my cup of tea after i tried it. plus they do show old stuff over and over. but then again they dont really care all that much of anime do they?
Thanatos01s2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
You are getting free anime, what are you complaining about, they are one of the few channels who are brave enough to show anime. They are no different than adult swim, they show the same anime once every 3 months for the people who missed it. And 20 times, are you sure about that I have only seen it on encore three times in the past year! Give me a break, quit being a whiny little bitch. Pay $50 a month for the anime channel if you want more variety.

Encore has played:
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Saiyuki Reload
Mirage of Blaze
Mirage of Blaze season 2
Appleseed
Karas
Akira
Texhnolyze
and many many others, that is all I can think of at the moment, that is more than anyother channel(minus anime channel and adult swim)

God you people are greedy think about the work and money a company has to pay to show an anime.

Encore probably has to pay licensing fees, royalty fees, they have to pay people to set up the show, it ain't cheap. It's not like they pop in a dvd and press play. It is very expensive for them to show an anime, and my guess is the reason that they show shows like Mirage of blaze is becuase it is very cheap for them to show it. Rolling Eyes Not to mention I doubt anime is there biggest cash cow, why spend more money if you are keeping the majority of people happy.
p3rseus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the first two posts. Once I saw Hellsing there, it was good, but never again. Mirage of Blaze is one of the worst anime ever and they repeat it soo much. Encore just doesn't have any good anime apparently. Then again Anime Network isn't showing many good things either lately.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1