• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - July 21 - 27

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I stayed up to catch 'Blood+' on late Saturday/Sunday. While I don't care much for dubs, I wanted to see how it did. I was hoping that I could catch 'Saya' but it seemed that this was one episode where she didn't appear - ep. 18. But man, I don't know whether to like 'David's voice or not. It does work and the dub was on key, but he sounded like a radio announcer. 'Kai' I could smack but again I think the VA was on target with him. But 'Lewis', nothing like adding ethnicity to ethnicity. Oye vay!

"Ya David, pass me some o' dat ganja!"

ARRRGH!!!

I'm almost afraid to hear 'Haji' and 'Saya' now. And I don't even want to think about 'Riku'. Oh well.

But I missed out on 'Astro Boy'. That was playing at 2am. I fell asleep. But I wasn't going to sit up until 5am to catch it. It's bad enough I get up at that time. But why go to sleep at that time. Those were the only 2 shows I wanted to check out. But I really wanted to see 'Astro Boy' as I've never seen it.
marklungo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I stayed up to catch 'Blood+' on late Saturday/Sunday. While I don't care much for dubs, I wanted to see how it did. I was hoping that I could catch 'Saya' but it seemed that this was one episode where she didn't appear - ep. 18.

Actually, Saya, Haji and Riku appeared very briefly at the end of the episode. And if you don't want to wait till next week to hear more of their dub voices... well, there are ways, but I shouldn't say any more than that. Wink

Chrno2 wrote:
But I missed out on 'Astro Boy'. That was playing at 2am. I fell asleep. But I wasn't going to sit up until 5am to catch it. It's bad enough I get up at that time. But why go to sleep at that time. Those were the only 2 shows I wanted to check out. But I really wanted to see 'Astro Boy' as I've never seen it.

Set up your VCR/DVD recorder/Tivo/whatever for the next episode. It's worth it.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
marklungo wrote:

Actually, Saya, Haji and Riku appeared very briefly at the end of the episode. And if you don't want to wait till next week to hear more of their dub voices... well, there are ways, but I shouldn't say any more than that. Wink

I figured as much.
Yeah, took a visit to the place that consists of 2 combination words, and my stomach is already doing flip-flops. I don't know whether it's laughter or unsettling nausea. Oh well. Razz

Chrno2 wrote:

marklungo wrote:
Set up your VCR/DVD recorder/Tivo/whatever for the next episode. It's worth it.

I'll have to do that. Now when the hell will we get our library copy??? Mad
marklungo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Yeah, took a visit to the place that consists of 2 combination words, and my stomach is already doing flip-flops. I don't know whether it's laughter or unsettling nausea. Oh well. Razz

So, is this from anticipation of hearing the dub, or have you actually heard it yet?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote
marklungo wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

So, is this from anticipation of hearing the dub, or have you actually heard it yet?

I heard it. That's why I'm having issues. Poor 'Saya'. It's bad enough she was crying all over the place in the Japanese version, but goddamn!! Dammit all to hell!!
marklungo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I heard it. That's why I'm having issues. Poor 'Saya'. It's bad enough she was crying all over the place in the Japanese version, but goddamn!! Dammit all to hell!!

From the little I've seen of Blood +, I have no problem with the English dub--but then, I haven't seen the Japanese version yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3