• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Aniplex to Release Puella Magi Madoka Magica as Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Box Set

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuicyB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Cool, I'll definitely pick up the special edition box sets. It's well worth it for this show.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote
Deadwing wrote:
If only Aniplex would do standard versions of their other properties which have only had limited editions, particularly Kara no Kyoukai. I really, really wanted to buy it, but I didn't and still don't have $400 lying around to spend on a LE box set. Now it's out of print, so I couldn't buy it even if I could afford it now, and there's no indication that Aniplex will release a more affordable SE BD of KnK.

Yeah, I was really bummed about KNK. I was and am very interested in the series but didn't have the dosh when it was released, and now its gone forever. :/
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:30 am Reply with quote
Seriously. What if I don't want a BD/DVD combo pack. What if I just want the series on Blu-ray? I can understand a BD/DVD combo release for a movie, but for a whole series?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:46 am Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
Seriously. What if I don't want a BD/DVD combo pack. What if I just want the series on Blu-ray? I can understand a BD/DVD combo release for a movie, but for a whole series?

Then buy the regular edition that's coming out at the same time solely on Blu-ray for $40 each. Or if that's still too much for you, buy the DVD release that's coming out again at the same time for $30 each. Or don't even bother to look at what formats it's being released in and complain. Any option will do.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Supposedly an awesome series. Kajiura soundtrack. Dubbed. But the price. The price! I suppose I could go on a diet... Bye bye sweet calories.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke Inara pointed out something pretty interesting in another thread.

Top 3 selling DVDs at TRSI? The Madoka LEs.

Top 3 selling BDs at TRSI? The Madoka LEs. The three regular BDs are also top sellers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 am Reply with quote
Thank goodness we have ours reserved. This sh*t is totally going to sell the frak out.

I bet a bunch of shops are going to pick up copies to sell because of the vendor exclusivity. Robert already has some of those limited editions up at $95 each. This mayhem is going to be fun to watch.
Veers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:59 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
Wow. Supposedly an awesome series. Kajiura soundtrack. Dubbed. But the price. The price! I suppose I could go on a diet... Bye bye sweet calories.
Don't worry, there're plenty of cakes and candies in the show to make up for your abstinence!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2