• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Katekyo Hitman Reborn Manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoon89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:16 am Reply with quote
I surprisingly havn't located any thread on this manga so i took the liberty of doing so. This manga also has an anime that follows closely to the manga but as usual the manga is always ahead of the anime.
This thread shall be for discussion on the manga, characters, thoughts and predictions on various events each week a new volume is released.

Summary: Tsuna is a boy who is below average in almost everything he does and on an unexpected afternoon, he goes home and suddenly sees a chubby little baby dressed up as a mafioso, apparently according to this chubby kid/Archobaleno known as reborn, he is to become the new home tutor of Tsuna and raise him up to become the next leader of one of the best mafia groups on the planet known as The Vongola because it so happens that he is one of the few candidates for the position according to Tsuna's father (secretly a high ranked officer in the Vongola). This is the story of an almost pathetic middleschool boy who must struggle in order to become the next 10th Boss of the Vongola and must obtain the sins of the mafioso eventually. Together with his new found friends he must go through all obstacles in order to obtain his destiny and protect those who are most important to him.

Atm, the manga is at volume 212 and is titled spoiler[ Final defense block: Tsuna and the Guardians are still in their struggle against the Millefiore in their hideout. At the moment, it seems that the guardians Hibari, Chrome, Ryohei, Gokudera and Yamamoto including Lal Mirch are unable to fight (do not ask about Lambo, as usual, he isn't doing anything -.-) and as Tsuna desperately tries to rendezvous with his comrades and head for the Lab (that holds the key to returning to the past), Tsuna encounters Hibaris last opponent.][/b]
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote
You mean it's up to chapter 212, right?

We had a small thread back when the series first came out in the US, but it wasn't very long.

I don't follow the scans (only way back during the Mukuro arc, before the series got licensed), but I sorta know what's going on through spoilers, and it seems very exciting. I love that it spoiler[takes place in the future. It has part of the coolness of a timeskip, which is seeing your favorite characters older, but the main story hasn't just skipped ahead several years.] I can't wait for Viz to catch up to it...although at the rate they're going (quarterly), we won't get there until 2011!!! I really hope Viz decides to make the series bimonthly once the Varia arc is in full swing.

It's weird to recommend this series to people, because it starts off SO differently from what it becomes. The first seven volumes are definitely not for everyone, and if you do like the first seven, there's no guarantee you'll like everything after it. If you like comedy and action though, you'll find a lot to love in this series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1