• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who's who?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyalGalaxia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Who's the best character that you can relate to and why? I'm new here so just to see and understand everyone better.

I'll go first:

I relate best to Miaka, from Fushigi Yuugi, Because all I strive for right now is good grades and sometimes it seems like it goes unnoticed by my parents, but I know they love me, plus I have the same hair color: red, and eye color: green. Plus I kind of am a goofball at times and I like icecream! What can I say? ^.~Too bad I can't be whooshed away into a book though, that would be awsome!!!! ^.^

Okay your turn.
Lucca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...I think I realte to Naru from Love Hina. All about the studying...and being with Friends. Not much into guys, and VERY cautious about my modesty. I'm not afraid to throw a punch and get mad pretty easily.

Plus I have to take care of the neighborhood...*sigh* Dun get me started...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:05 pm Reply with quote
This is also the reason she's my favorite character:

Hino Rei/Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon.

We both have black hair and dark eyes (mine are naturally brown but I wear purple contact lenses). She's a shinto priestess-in-training, I'm a wiccan priestess (in training for high priestess) and we both have 'psychic' abilities. We're both fire elements with hot tempers and are into the theatre stuff (singing, acting and whatnot). Neither of us have a good relationship with our fathers....both of us really like red and black....

Umm...I guess that about cover it Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aya Reiko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Me? This one's is really easy.

I'm Rei Ayanami. I don't talk much in Real Life™ and a bit of a recluse. (Though, if you saw the people around me, you wouldn't blame me.) I try to get the job done, but mostly out of a sense of duty than anything though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
arllyra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Hanajima Saki from Fruits Basket. I'm kinda morbid, and quiet and observant. I'm very, very loyal to my friends, and not afraid to speak the truth (most people just call it bluntness). And am I ever good at laying on the guilt trips....
Doesn't sound very positive, does it? And unfortunately, I don't have her power of the wave. I just wish I scared the popular girls as much as she does.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:27 am Reply with quote
I'd be really, really creeped out if an anime character resembled myself in any way.

Thankfully, I can't offhand think of any anime characters who makes fun of people and listens to Man or Astroman.

I am part man, part mystery.

PS: Ms. Miaka, your avatar is TOO BIG. I am a banana.*

*Another Bitter Films reference. I'm getting too predictable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RoyalGalaxia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:06 pm Reply with quote
*oops sorry about the pic, I'm trying to get my photoshop program working I'll fix it asap. ^.^ *
Kaine23

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Me, Duo Maxwell.

My ex used to always call me Maxwell cause I sorta look like Duo (except with glasses and no 3-foot long hair braid), and I have a really goofy personaility but I can be serious at times too...and sarcastic.

Even after she used me and stuff, the name stuck with me as Maxwell. Heck, one these days I plan to cosplay as Duo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Case

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:05 pm Reply with quote
On the internet I'm like the great master Happosai; corky and forward, a bit illogical, with a slightly naughty sense of humor.

In the real world I'm more like Mamoru Chiba: Just enough personality to keep me from zealot status, but by no means the life of the party.

I express myself much better in writing, as a general rule.

I can if I try, anyway. Laughing
RoyalGalaxia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Cool! Finally a Tuxedo kind of guy! ^.^ That's really cool that you relate to him, Duo from Gundam wing is cool too I like his braid thing it whips around all the time. I'm not quite sure I understand the whole 1/2 man 1/2 bananna thing though. Is it just me or does that sound like Ranma 1/2 gone way to the extreme? ^.~ lol cool pic though Mr. Bananna sir, and Ayane <---spelling I know anyways are you a DOA fan? I love that game, I play it like all the time. ^.^
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. Interesting. I'm so spilt at times it's hard to say. The easiest character to compare me to is Meier Link from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, because I'm both a hopeless romantic, a powerful speaker (I'm told), and I have a deep appreciation for elegance and beauty. Of course, I also share a sort of kinship with Treize Kushrenada, from Gundam Wing. Again, a romantic with a flair for style and presence. But also, I'm a misunderstood genius with a very idealized view of the world and a great love of fine wines. So, I guess I'm a mixture of these two men, with a bit of Ryosuke Takahashi from Initial D thrown in.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:08 pm Reply with quote
sailormech wrote:

On the internet I'm like the great master Happosai; corky and forward, a bit illogical, with a slightly naughty sense of humor.

*L* Same here, but I'm more a mid-series Shinji Ikari IRL. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sahara

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:32 am Reply with quote
Let's see...I think I'm like Fuu from Rayearth, because I'm serious and somewhat mysterious and smart but pretty. (Also, I took a test to see which Rayearth character I was like and it was her. ) With that in mind, if I was under a whole lot of negative stress, I would be Kiddy from Silent Mobius. Most of her body is something she hates! That would stress anyone out! But I would just be stressed in the same way as her.
Hotaru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:53 am Reply with quote
Hm...I guess I'm kind of like Hotaru from Sailor Moon. I don't talk alot, and can turn evil (not literally of course) when people piss me off ;p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nagash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:28 am Reply with quote
I don't think I fall into any one character. There's some Godai in me. There's some Devilman in me. There's a lot of different attributes from different characters in me. I have yet to find any one that fits.

LordByronius: Does the banana reference come from an animated short with the reference: my spoon is too big?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2