• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Diesel Brand Describes Nitta Tracing Issue as Tribute

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, I've used real pictures when I draw. Sometimes I have an idea in my mind but when I can't visually see it well in my head, I look up pictures. >.>;

I guess it's somewhat copying, but Meh, I think a lot of manga artists have said where their sources come from when they've done it...or is it just me?

>.>; Or maybe taste in manga really differs around here.

Pfft. It's not that I condone it, I just purely don't care.

What's really funny about this thread is how people are throwing up copyright issues in here. The irony is truly amazing.
bradc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
To be honest, I've used real pictures when I draw. Sometimes I have an idea in my mind but when I can't visually see it well in my head, I look up pictures. >.>;

I guess it's somewhat copying, but Meh, I think a lot of manga artists have said where their sources come from when they've done it...or is it just me?

Your not duplicating what was on the ad, but trying to use the as reference to help you with your picture to get a better visual idea. That's referencing and originality of your own. Creativity is a power thing, even if mythologies has been repeated many times in ancient times being borrowed and make them their own.

Nitta was duplicating poses and other objects in the picture. Not very original; if someone manage to fit her artwork with the advertisement like a piece of a missing puzzle. She could have been one the mangakas like Minekura Kazuya or Kubo Tite coming up with their own clothing designs of their own; as well as doing weird to obscene poses if you like.
poonk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Quote:
"Nitta, don't worry, we're not that kind of brand, we consider this a tribute, only the greatest are copied, right? But honestly, our chick is hotter than yours!"

chick, maybe (I thought she was scary)
Person on bottom? Nitta wins.
Yeah-- Iwaki-san for the win there. Razz Anyway-- very cool of Diesel. Too bad this probably means very little to the situation between Nitta & Libre, as the damage is already done.
Quote:
I checked out several of the "tracings" & am really shocked at what passes for plagiarism. A lot of these are poses only & she changed everything else about the pix. I didn't think poses are copyrightable.
I agree-- I mean, how many ways are there to lounge around on a couch, etc.
kirbyboy102 wrote:
That's so funny! Like, every image she drew was a copy. Very Happy
Well, keep in mind that these comparison pictures have been cherry-picked by people actively looking for evidence of copying (and some of them, as CCSYueh pointed out, are just generic poses). These are taken out of who-knows-how-many volumes of manga, each containing hundreds of drawings, so I'd hardly say "every" image she drew was a copy-- people are just sniffing out the ones that are (or, they suspect are).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3