• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Azumanga Daioh (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:59 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:

Quote:
Hmm, Sakaki being into beastiality never occured to me before, I just thought she thought they were cute. Her parents wouldn't let her have pets iirc (could be wrong about this, haven't seen Azudai in a while), so that's why she was so into other ones. But yes, I do have to say she showed a little bit too much interest in them sometimes... I suppose it could be that she's into "that". Personally, I don't think that's what it is though, I think it was just for humor.

It didn't occur to me either, I mean come on why would she be...I know plenty of chicks who love animals (stuffed, benies, ect.). Though I did often wonder why she licked the cat bite afterwards, but then again whenever I cut my self on the finger I always lick the blood on it (it helps stop the bleeding). Maybe we are all wrong and she's a masochist after all she keeps coming back for more pain (damn that cat). Laughing
unhealthyman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:06 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
PantsGoblin wrote:

Quote:
Hmm, Sakaki being into beastiality never occured to me before, I just thought she thought they were cute. Her parents wouldn't let her have pets iirc (could be wrong about this, haven't seen Azudai in a while), so that's why she was so into other ones. But yes, I do have to say she showed a little bit too much interest in them sometimes... I suppose it could be that she's into "that". Personally, I don't think that's what it is though, I think it was just for humor.

It didn't occur to me either, I mean come on why would she be...I know plenty of chicks who love animals (stuffed, benies, ect.). Though I did often wonder why she licked the cat bite afterwards, but then again whenever I cut my self on the finger I always lick the blood on it (it helps stop the bleeding). Maybe we are all wrong and she's a masochist after all she keeps coming back for more pain (damn that cat). Laughing

Blatantly into BDSM and bestiality. She likes getting bitten by cats and clearly fancies dogs. I'm hoping people are either being sarcastic or they are reading waay too much into this... Wink
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh I wasn't being serious in the least, just thought it was really funny how she is found to be into beastility by some people. I still haven't finished it, I wonder just how serious Kaorin is with this whole "wanting a gay relationship with Sakaki" thing, well maybe its more of a dream for her. I wasn't expecting the whole female knight in shining armor gimic, it made me laugh so hard...don't know why but it did. Not sure if Mint Mania IIDX is being serious though.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I just re-watched some of the episodes in question, and I think a bunch of you are smoking crack. And all I see is a bunch of cuteness.

I mean I give my kitty cat and my dog kisses, but that doesn't mean I "love" animals. Girls in cat outfits is where I draw the line. Wink

I don't see anything that would suggest some of the more explicit things you guys are talking about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
Kagura doesn't blush and start licking the sweat off her arms while running laps around the track.

Good point there. I do see your theory as plausible.

unhealthyman wrote:
I'm hoping people are either being sarcastic or they are reading waay too much into this... Wink

I'm dead serious.
Hisdon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why they didn't put Kaorin as one of the 6 main girls, she's in just as many episodes as Kagura...

such a fun lil series, so far it seems to center around only Sakaki though, so I'm pretty much unofficially dubbing her the main char as I'm watching it. Does this hold true throughout or will they talk more about the other girls later?
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:34 pm Reply with quote
There's no real "main character." You just might be in the midst of some Sakaki specific segments. There'll be more where the other 4 get more screen time than her.
daxomni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:20 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
Kagura doesn't blush and start licking the sweat off her arms while running laps around the track.

Good point there. I do see your theory as plausible.

unhealthyman wrote:
I'm hoping people are either being sarcastic or they are reading waay too much into this... Wink

I'm dead serious.

Okay, so you and Mint are apparently serious. What the hell is wrong with you? Have you ever noticed that Sakaki looks a lot like a cat when she's licking her hand? It's a simple visual joke and nothing more. Your seriously skewed view of the world comes out in your bizarre nonsense posts like this one.
Mint Mania IIDX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:08 am Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
Okay, so you and Mint are apparently serious. What the hell is wrong with you? Have you ever noticed that Sakaki looks a lot like a cat when she's licking her hand? It's a simple visual joke and nothing more. Your seriously skewed view of the world comes out in your bizarre nonsense posts like this one.

She looks like she's licking cat saliva off of a cat-teeth-induced wound that isn't bleeding. It's an indirect kiss, and considering that's all she can get from it, she'll settle for it. She wants her some animal lovin'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
Okay, so you and Mint are apparently serious.

Truthfully, I wasn't really serious, I just wanted to get a reaction out of people because I find it really funny when people get angry over stuff being said about fictional characters (lol, Kouji). Ya, I know that's unlike me. But eh, Mint's probably had a bad influence on me. Regardless of which, I find him hilarious.

Honestly, I would find it to be possible if this character was in another anime. But I doubt that's what the case is with Azudai and its innocent nature.

I am serious when I say that Mint is being serious though.
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote
@Mint Mania IIDX
Uh... ever heard of Occams Razor, dude? Seriously.

Kaorin isn't a lesbian - she's just got a schoolgirl crush.
Sakaki isn't into bestiality - she just likes cats and dogs.

Honestly, I'm wondering if the evidence you're bringing up says more about you than the characters...
Mint Mania IIDX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:42 am Reply with quote
Ramadahl wrote:
@Mint Mania IIDX
Uh... ever heard of Occams Razor, dude? Seriously.

Kaorin isn't a lesbian - she's just got a schoolgirl crush.
Sakaki isn't into bestiality - she just likes cats and dogs.

Honestly, I'm wondering if the evidence you're bringing up says more about you than the characters...

1&3)
I think the less complicated phenomenon is the concept of Sakaki being into animals seeing as the evidence is piled up before our very eyes. You speak like my words have no base. I will bring up the Kamineko example again. When one gets bitten on the hand by a cat, the hand is usually swiftly pulled back and held, much like one had gotten a block of metal dropped on one's hand. It hurts, and so the point of injury is comforted.

Sakaki does not simply comfort the wound to less the pain. She licks the wound. This was not to stop or slow the bleeding process, as there is clearly no blood. Also, you can clearly see that she is blushing. When was the last time you were embarassed that a stray cat bit you? You'd be more freaked out than anything. Not Sakaki! This is clearly not from embarassment, and I've seen enough anime (from a variety of genres) in my time to know what else blushing can stand for.

Conclusion: Sakaki is turned on by animals.

2)
Last time I checked, a crush on a guy means you're romantically interested in a guy, making you into guys. A crush on a girl means you're romantically interested in a girl, making you into girls. I've seen less flowers in Kaorin's fantasies in the hands of Tuxedo Mask. Kaorin very obviously has a thing for Sakaki. Do you remember her reaction when she saw the picture of Sakaki and Tomo sleeping together? She flipped. Someone was stepping onto territory she marked as her own. Kaorin wants Sakaki all to herself. Now, I had crushes in school, but if I ran around talking about "how cool and amazing" this one guy was and freaked when I saw another guy sleeping in the same bed as him, what does that say about me?

Conclusion: Kaorin is a lesbian and is in love with Sakaki.

4)
I just call it like it is. However, if you would like to delve deeper into the realm of the mind of Mint Mania, then by all means, initiate interest, and I'll let you see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Conclusion: I'm amazing, I know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:10 pm Reply with quote
No blood - Its a kids show, I don't think there is any blood in it whatsoever. She wraps her fingers in bandages every time, which means fluid is inferred.

Licking your own wounds- I don't know if your a guy or girl, but haven't you ever climbed a tree, or fell off a bike? Sticking your tongue into the wound is not only a great way to find dirt and remove it from the sore but to also ease the pain. Yes it makes it numb.

I know I have lots of scars, and at one point my tongue was in most of them.

Blushing- She is embarassed she can't pet the cat, the same cat in which she wants to pet. While she loves animals she can't understand why the cats don't like her. Some animals just don't like certain humans, this is documented, but that doesn't mean those same people don't still like the animals anyway.

Don't make me force you to read the statue in front of Tillman Hall. You know what happenss if you do.

(really don't read it, I don't know if you know about the curse, but don't read it.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Having read most of this thread, especially the last few pages I now realise who this title was made for. Some of you obviously watch waaaay too much hentai. Rolling Eyes
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
You speak like my words have no base.

Not at all, I can see the logical path that you've taken, and it works out fine. My criticism wrt Occams Razor was that even though it all makes sense it seems an unnecessary stretch of probability when more likely alternatives are available (IMHO, of course).

Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
When one gets bitten on the hand by a cat, the hand is usually swiftly pulled back and held, much like one had gotten a block of metal dropped on one's hand.

Yeah, but that scene was more stylised for comedic effect than an accurate "action" scene.

Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
Sakaki does not simply comfort the wound to less the pain. She licks the wound. This was not to stop or slow the bleeding process, as there is clearly no blood.

It's actually a natural response to do that, even when there isn't any blood.

Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
Also, you can clearly see that she is blushing. When was the last time you were embarassed that a stray cat bit you?

I'm honestly not trying to be deliberately unhelpful here, but I probably would be embarassed. Thinking along the lines of "Man, I was trying to stroke the cat and it just came and bit me! That must have looked so d*mn stupid Embarassed ."
Course, there isn't a right or wrong answer here (unless someone goes and asks Kiyohito Azuma), it's all interpretive.

Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
Conclusion: Kaorin is a lesbian and is in love with Sakaki.

Crush: - "An intense but usually short-lived infatuation"
There is no "love" in a crush.
As to Kaorin having a crush on another girl and openly proclaiming how great she is, I'm going to put that down to cultural differences. I've been led to believe that sort of thing is much more common in Japan.

Mint Mania IIDX wrote:
I just call it like it is. However, if you would like to delve deeper into the realm of the mind of Mint Mania, then by all means, initiate interest, and I'll let you see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Eheh, I think I'll pass ^^;
Still, apologies for any offence caused at least, I didn't really need to add that last line before.

Mohawk52 wrote:
Having read most of this thread, especially the last few pages I now realise who this title was made for.

I wouldn't be put off from watching it by this thread, I'd bet these issues wouldn't even occur to most people. It's really a very good slice-of-life/comedy series.

Last edited by Ramadahl on Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 11