• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hell Girl - IFC broadcast.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quote
Wanted to bump this thread to reminds everyone that the first episode premieres tomorrow. It premieres at 8:00 pm eastern and re-airs at 11:00 pm eastern. Or you could just check the link in the first post to see when it airs in your time zone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zewerr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 am Reply with quote
As it starts on TV, the last 4 episodes are playing on IFC On-Demand. I just watched the last of the episodes last night. Definately a good show, but the first few episodes seemed alittle repetitive to me. But it slowly got more and more interesting throughout the first season, so it should be a good watch for you all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
xia83

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I was watching this randomly on demand.
I didn't really like the dub, but glad that it'll air for people to see.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I watched this today.

I came into this cold. I really didn't know a whole lot about the story other than the fact that you can get revenge via a website.

I certainly didn't know that Ai had helpers. It's interesting that all 3 obviously come from different time periods. The young male obviously being one of the most recent...either that or he likes modern clothes.

I really could relate to Mayumi. Poor kid. And I'm certain that the writers have gone through something like that themselves or know of someone who has been bullied like that.

Mayumi really waffled spoiler[as to whether or not to pull that string but Aya (the bully) really just pushed her too far.]

I think that I'm going to enjoy this series and it will be interesting to see an episode where someone spoiler[choses NOT to pull the string.]
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I think that I'm going to enjoy this series and it will be interesting to see an episode where someone spoiler[choses NOT to pull the string.]

spoiler[Lol, that's a good one. The string always gets pulled. Well, all the episodes I've seen anyway. I haven't seen the last 6 or so.]
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

spoiler[Lol, that's a good one. The string always gets pulled. Well, all the episodes I've seen anyway. I haven't seen the last 6 or so.]

Really? Well, in a way, I'm not surprised...otherwise Ai really would have a reason to be around would she.

I did find it surprising that Mayumi seemed rather content with her decision spoiler[to pull the string. At the end, it showed the "Hell Mark" (or whatever it's called). Somehow (letting my imagination run away with me) I can see her having a rather simple life: Graduating from College, getting a job, getting married, kids, grandkids, etc and no one would really think that she was anything remarkable. And she lived this sort of life knowing that she was going to Hell.]
braves

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quote
I watched this one yesterday, and to my surprise, I actually kinda enjoyed it. The animation wasn't that great for a first episode, but it got the job done. The art style was very nice, but I could do without the huge eyes that appeared sometimes for some of the characters. The music was the best part of the episode with how it set the tone, though it got a little OTT in the part spoiler[where Aya was being tormented, ]but still adequate.

It might eventually get old for me if all the episodes are like this one, though, which is what I've heard. But I'll tune in next time.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
though it got a little OTT in the part spoiler[where Aya was being tormented, ]but still adequate.

Seeing Aya spoiler[being tormented and driven insane was, I think, a good thing. After all, we saw her torment of Mayumi, so we should see her get her payback.]
braves

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
braves wrote:
though it got a little OTT in the part spoiler[where Aya was being tormented, ]but still adequate.

Seeing Aya spoiler[being tormented and driven insane was, I think, a good thing. After all, we saw her torment of Mayumi, so we should see her get her payback.]

Maybe, but I'm of the mind that if you want to do something, you should do it yourself. spoiler[So seeing Mayumi willing to give up a happy afterlife to solve a temporary problem seems kinda stupid to me.]
CreisSema

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
i've seen this show some time ago and i realy love it. can't wait to start watchinc 3rd series. i highly recomand it Smile
braves

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I dropped this show because of conflicts with paying my subscription- times are tough. Razz And I don't think that I'll follow it up on DVD, either. After watching 4 episodes, it just seemed to be that same thing over and over again. Just not very entertaining. Confused Though, I do like the art style and the musical score, but the repetitiveness is too much of a factor to go buy this one on DVD.

EDIT: 700th post. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2