• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight: Spring 2012

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping we get more smart, high-concept stuff this season. Tsuritama looks promising.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Here's hoping we get more smart, high-concept stuff this season. Tsuritama looks promising.

more than 5 thoughtful deep series being produced a seaosn...yeah that will happen I'm writing articles for ann/sarcasm lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:

more than 5 thoughtful deep series being produced a seaosn...yeah that will happen I'm writing articles for ann/sarcasm lol

Excuse me? My comment was just meant as a bit of naive but whistful optimism.

Don't see why it warrented such hostility and sarcasm.

I mean, is it wrong to say, "Here's hoping some stuff I end up liking appears"?

Should I just go, "Man, two shows in and this seasons already looking horrible!"

Confused
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:

Should I just go, "Man, two shows in and this seasons already looking horrible!"

Confused

I am just being a realest is all, maybe to damn cynical and sarcastic to care after being a fan for 16 years, no offense was attended. I'm just burned out and so tired now... anything that will give me thoughtful insight or makes me think I will personally jump on .another did that i just don't see anymore this season expect for eureka 7 sequel

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Shenl742 wrote:

Confused

I am just being a realest is all, maybe to damn cynical and sarcastic to care after being a fan for 16 years, no offense was attended. I'm just burned out and so tired now... anything that will give me thoughtful insight or makes me think I will personally jump on another did that i just don't see anymore this season expect for eureka 7 sequel

Well hey, I consider myself pretty burned out too, which is why I'm hopeful and eager for something high quality. Guess I just handle it differently...I can understand what you mean though.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:

I hope we get that, as well as high budget adventure shows with lots of nudity. Also typical harem shows with all of the conventional archetypes. Maybe some harmless slice of life shows too. I'm thankful that every season brings variety in anime, if we had Cowboy Bebops, Outlaw Stars, and Triguns every single season, you'd also tire the hell out of those. I just ask that each of the shows in their respective genres have decent budgets and executions; Queen's Blades, Ladies Versus Butlers, and Qwaser might seem like outright trash, but to the discerning fanservice and smut-favoring eye, they're easily some of the best shows you could ask for. It's the same idea with most KyoAni shows: take a cathartic slice of life show, ramp up the budget and you've got a winner of that category. Or the same with a harem VN about abating supernatural troubles afflicting helpless moe girls with massive eyes.

It's not about the content, or even really the initial premise. It's how well you pull it off all the way through.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Sorry I brought it up.

-_-
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
My first thought on Tsuritama: Why would an alien come to a small town in Japan just to go fishing? Razz

Second thought: Ooh, Sugitan is voicing the Indian guy! Wait, the Indian guy is wearing a turban...that seems a bit culturally insensitive. Confused

Third: Why would an old French lady live in a small town in Japan with her grandson? Rolling Eyes

Overall: Looks like one of those "Wacky Comedies!" wait 'till the preview reviews come out before trying to figure that thing out...
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
I do not wanna sound like some cynical asshole but a show about fishing enthusiasts followed by what seems homoerotic atmosphere does not sound like GREAt premise.
Konopan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
NonoAsumy wrote:
The 2 noitanimA shows this season look promising.
The director of Tsuritama directed Mononoke (a must watch anime and one of the best of the last 5 years) after all ( he also did C Control but well it wasnt really bad, but if you consider Mononoke as what he is capable of it was outright horrible)
I am looking forward to Tsuritama.

You seem to be forgetting Trapeze there.

danilo07 wrote:
I do not wanna sound like some cynical asshole but a show about fishing enthusiasts followed by what seems homoerotic atmosphere does not sound like GREAt premise.

Quote:
four boys go fishing

Quote:
homoerotic atmosphere

You sound more like a homophobe than anything else, don't worry about cynicism.

Also fishing is clearly 2manly4u
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote
well now we have our tna anime with decent quailty this season... i am thinking of converting over to Christianity due to our new lovely nun Shigi. Her special training ova to convert pagans was very.. holy
shabaz92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
tsuritaima - Being a fan of fishing, I gotta at least check this out. I would be amazed if they can take was is boring to most people and actually make it interesting. Sort of like how Chihayafuru makes karuta the most interesting thing in the world even to someone who has no idea what karuta is.

Dusk maiden of Amnesia - I'm more interested in seeing this now than I was originally. The artwork is really giving me flashbacks to ef-tale of memories(same director, duh). If nothing else that should make the show visually pleasing to watch.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 pm Reply with quote
well now we have our tna anime with decent quailty this season... i am thinking of converting over to Christianity due to our new lovely nun Shigi. Her special training ova to convert pagans was very.. holy

At least the Spotlight gave a probable explanation for that "legs spread, crotch presented" pose at the end of her character preview:
Quote:
Furthermore, when doing so she must faithfully perform the “Sacred Poses” recorded in scripture.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I must give the people responsible for Queen's Blade some credit. They do try awfully hard with all of that detail and plot. I'm staying the Hell away, but I can see a little of why things that don't jiggle might more than incidentally interesting.

A robot Elf with no feet? That's just fantastic.

TheAncientOne wrote:
At least the Spotlight gave a probable explanation for that "legs spread, crotch presented" pose at the end of her character preview:
Quote:
Furthermore, when doing so she must faithfully perform the “Sacred Poses” recorded in scripture.

In this world, people presumably read the Bible, "for the scripture."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

That's the exact reason I want to watch it in the first place...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 19