3x3 Eyes Manga Gets New Sequel by Creator Yuzo Takada
posted on by Karen Ressler
Smartphone novel production company Every Star announced on Friday that its web comic label Young Magazine Kaizokuban will launch new sequel to 3x3 Eyes by original creator Yuzo Takada this month. The sequel, titled Shin 3x3 Eyes, will feature the same characters as the original.
The magazine will launch a total of ten titles in the coming weeks. The other nine include:
- Tsukumo Nemuru Shizume also by Takada
- Sesshi 100℃ Binetsu (Slight Fever at 100℃) by Takeshi Okamoto (Quadrifoglio), based on a novel by Aya Nozaki that will get a live-action film adaptation in March
- Menhera Keiji (Mental Health Detective) by Akira Kazumiya, based on a novel by Harumi Honda
- Infinity Days by Jiiko
- Koibito no Chūmon Uketamawarimasu! by Shōta Ito, based on a novel by Natsu Asano
- Rengoku Game with art by Hiromu Sugawara, composition by Renji Fukuhara, based on an original story by Miroku
- Quadrifoglio 2E by Takeshi Okamoto
- Firewall-chō ni wa Bug ga Sumu (Bugs Live on Firewall District) with art by Tooru Shinmei and an original story by Asuka Shinomiya
- Death Penalty with art by Ryūta Gatō based on a story by Shirō Ninkuken
Every Star collaborated with Kodansha's Young Magazine editorial department to relaunch Young Magazine Kaizokuban (Young Magazine Pirated Edition) as a web comic magazine in April. The original Young Magazine Kaizokuban comic magazine ran from 1986 to 1995.
Takada's 3x3 Eyes manga ran from 1987 to 2002, and Takeda published a one-shot in 2013. Every Star also published several installments of Takada's 3x3 Eyes Gaiden sequel series in Young Magazine Kaizokuban.
Dark Horse Comics published the first eight volumes of 3x3 Eyes in North America, and Geneon Entertainment licensed both OVA adaptations.
Source: PR Times