The Fable Live-Action Film's Teaser Video, Visual Reveal June Opening
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for the live-action film adaptation of Katsuhisa Minami's The Fable manga revealed a teaser video and visual for the film on Monday. Both the video and visual reveal the film's June 21 opening in Japan.
Kan Eguchi is directing the film and Yūsuke Watanabe is writing the script.
The cast includes:
(Top row in image above, left to right)
- Junichi Okada as Fable
- Funimo Kimura as Yōko, Fable's optimistic and heavy-drinking partner
- Mizuki Yamamoto as Misaki, the first ordinary woman Fable meets in Osaka
(Bottom row in image above, left to right)
- Kōichi Satō as the Boss who trained Fable to kill from a young age
- Sōta Fukushi as Hood, an assassin hired by Sunakawa to kill Fable
- Yūya Yagira as Kojima, Ebihara's close friend who is released from prison and chases Misaki
- Osamu Mukai as Ebihara's enemy Sunakawa
- Ken Yasuda as Fable's manager Ebihara
Jiro Sato will also star in the film.
In the manga, a fabled genius at killing resides somewhere hidden in Osaka. Taught since childhood to obey the orders of his boss, he is ordered to live in Osaka as a normal person for one year in order for the boss to lay low.
Minami launched the manga in Kodansha's Young Magazine in November 2014, and Kodansha published the 16th volume on December 6. The series won Best General Manga at the 41st annual Kodansha awards in 2017.
A spinoff manga launched on Kodansha's new "Comic Days" app and web service on March 6. The spinoff has the same name, but written in Hiragana instead of Katakana.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history