• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2 questions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut_mega_flare

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
anime#3769

and

anime#577

are these related in any way?

-------------------------------------
anime#2981

and what is the actual name for this. im not sure if there is one certain name for this (or others with multiple names), where these names are set (i guess the creators), or if it matters. can someone clear any of this up for me lol.
Ryo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I don't really know these titles, but if the info is correct, there is at least the fact the both titles list Go Nagai as the original creator so I'm pretty sure there's a link indeed.

For the Inu Yasha movie. The official title would be "InuYasha the Movie 3: Swords of an Honorable Ruler". This means that this is the title the movie was released under in north america (the title the licensor, Viz in this case, gave to the movie). When a serie/movie has more than one english title, the others are usually translations of the original japanese title or sometimes it can be a sort of nickname.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Inu-Yasha - The Movie 3 - Swords of an Honorable Ruler is Viz's name for it, Inuyasha: Tenka Hadou no Ken is the proper Japanese name, which translates literally as Inuyasha: The Sword of the World Conquest.
momalyd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Amon: The Apocalypse of Devilman was a sort of sequel to the 2 devilman OAVS.

though i dont think amon was realised outside of japan, it has little to no plot and absolutely no back story, but it is set just after devilman birth and demon bird.

devil man is amazing character you should see the 2 oavs, and if you get hooked there is also a devilman live action movie which is as good as live action anime's go.

there is also a spin off alternate reality tv series called devilman Lady, its premise is that all the original male characters are now female and the original female characters are now lesbians. its good but it drops the whole demonic side of the story which i didn't aprove of

but i would forgo all that and jump straight to Demon Lord Danta
i think Go nagi had originally made Demon lord danta then reused the idea for Devil man, but it was remade a few yeras ago and no it has all the same characters from devil man.

and there is also a 60's and 70's black and white / Technicolour cartoon of devil man but i can only seem to find it in Italian

i hope that that rant has helped you on your way in to the devilman universe, or it has confused you enough that you enter blindly, anyway you are on to a winner.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1