• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AX 2006 - PLEASE HELP A CON-GOER?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Hello, AX06 was a blast. This might be considered spamming, and I apologize if it is. But I'm sure that a good portion of ANN forum-goers attended expo this year.

Unfortunately, it seems that I left something incredibly important behind at the convention area, and I'm asking, begging, pleading for anyone to help me locate it. Since the major hotels were full, I had the misfortune of staying at the Jolly Roger Inn, on Katella. Our party left Wednesday morning around 8:00am, and when arriving back home in AZ, I was horrified to discover that my personal artwork portfolio had completely vanished. I've called the hotel, all the people that came with us, the convention center, no one has any clue where it is.

It's a black binder, 11" by 14" inches, hard-plastic outside, no zipper, no rings. Inside, the first peice is a watercolor illustration, manga-style and heavily inspired by Ukiyo-e style. Following that are 6 sequential inked pages of a manga, and following that are some life drawing samples, other assorted works and sketches, and finally, a very important souvenier from the clamp panel. I'm begging anyone who knows anything, email me. I'm even willing to pay a reward to anyone who lives nearby and can go and find it. It could be anywhere around the convention center or surronding hotels, because it someone came across it, who knows what they could have done with it. Someone could have even thrown it in the garbage. :( Please, I need the contents of that binder back no matter what, and I'm at a total lost of what to do. I'm literally sitting here and pulling my hair out while I type this out.

If anyone has any, any ideas, leads, sugguestions, anything at all, please post here or email me...thank you all so much. The people at Expo are always so kind, and I know I can trust you guys with this personal problem. Please, any help at all.....thank you so much, I'll be forever indebted.

-M. Campbell
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1