• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AX Idol 06

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlacKatto
Anonymous Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I realize this is a little late.. but I've noticed that there aren't a lot of topics on it.

Anime Expo 06 was the biggest one yet, but it was the same for AX Idol. I actually auditioned for the singing part.. and the way Bang Zoom! ran the event was pretty professional. I'd heard that it was a huge step up from last year with Crispin Freeman as the host.

Johnny Yong Bosch was a pretty entertaining host. Everyone loved his "LOVE AND PEACE" shoutout, but I'm pretty sure the crowd loved the "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME" bellow better. ((All things considered.. it IS on youtube =Anime dazed=))
I gotta say though, I'm glad I didn't make it to the finals.. they had the whole ballroom ((or w/e it was.. same room as the AMV contest)) filled! That's about.. 5,000+ people in the audience! =O_O= I would've died from stage fright. =>.<=

I just wish they had more to play as we waited for the seats to fill up though. I mean.. yeah the documentary was entertaining the first three times it played.. but keeping it looped for 20 minutes straight was getting to me.. and the rest of the crowd too from what I heard. Also, I don't think they should've let the AX Idol winner from 2 years ago sing. Mostly for two reasons...

1) She's the winner from TWO years ago.. unnecessary
2) In my opinion.. she was a horrible singer, she sounded like a Japanese valleygirl

I loved the live dubbing session though for the finalists! Although I think they had some technical problems.. and Johnny kept wanting them to play the Haré+Guu opening theme. ((Which they did to stall for time I think.. four times =x_x=))

I can't wait for next year now, because they can only get better, right? I might decide to audition again, even though I know I didn't do too great a job, they actually put me in the footage of the auditions. =o.O;;= It was.. very embarrassing hearing myself sing with all those people staring and recording it too. =>.<= Waah, I think it's on youtube as well... But yeah.. I was the girl dressed up as Kotoko. =^///^=
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1