• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ohayocon website

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I saw this on Anime News Service.

Anime News Service wrote:
8-25-06 (9:16AM EDT)---- Ohayocon Site Shut Down?
www.ohayocon.com, the official website of the anime convetion by the same name has been taken down, what remains in it's place is a notice of violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, mentioning content currently residing within it's domain infringes on the copyrights and intellectual property of multiple individuals and corporations.

Does anyone know what happened?
biliano

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I was able to get in:

http://www.ohayocon.org/

According to what was displayed on the page, the organizers of Ohayocon claimed that their site was not hacked, but they can't get into full details at this time. If you have any questions in regards to Ohayocon, please e-mail the contact displayed on the page.
biliano

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote
Update on the situation at Ohayocon:

They are still working on the dispute with their original domain being shut down, and I posted their new domain above. They have established a temporary forum on the site, but they don't know if they will be able to restore the original fora.

Because of the situation with the website, the pre-registration deadline will be pushed back. It was originally set at September 4. When registration becomes available again, they will post it on the site.

According to what I read on the Anime on DVD forum, this situation occured as part of a department head who lead their web team being relieved of their duties as staff. Apparently a couple other staffers have been asked to leave as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1