• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Radio / Broadcast

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boobooB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:36 am Reply with quote
Do you guys listen online to anime radio/ broadcasts?
Just interested in hearing which ones you guys are into =)
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:40 pm Reply with quote
boobooB wrote:

For music: Japan-A-Radio, whenever I get the chance (which is, sadly, not very often)..

http://www.japanaradio.com

Unfortunately, I don't have time for anime talk shows and such. :(
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BC Anime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:15 pm Reply with quote
i have an account at live365, and there is an anime station i listen to there...hmmm i haven't listened to it recently, but i'll post it when i get a chance to look at it.
Meson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:25 am Reply with quote
boobooB wrote:

Toon Radio is back in business for all your anime musical needs, and a Live365 pair of stations too. I'm looking into getting live DJs, news, and interviews, etc. so stay tuned. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gai Super Napalm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 1:27 pm Reply with quote
there is some guy (or girl), who is probably japanese, and runs a shoutcast server through wine on a linux box using the gnome window manager.

he/she has so much music that the station only repeats once every other day, and the selection is at the same time vast, encompassing, up to date, and *good*. Just about every OP to anything that was ever good is there along with lots of tracks and stuff.

The name of the station is "Japanese ANIME radio song station!", which is quite generic, but i've had no problem streaming 128 kbps off of it.

"Playlist", and by playlist I mean an automatically updated screenshot of his machine, can be found here:

http://dempa.jitakuno.net/
shine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Gai Super Napalm wrote:

there is some guy (or girl), who is probably japanese, and runs a shoutcast server through wine on a linux box using the gnome window manager.

he/she has so much music that the station only repeats once every other day, and the selection is at the same time vast, encompassing, up to date, and *good*. Just about every OP to anything that was ever good is there along with lots of tracks and stuff.

The name of the station is "Japanese ANIME radio song station!", which is quite generic, but i've had no problem streaming 128 kbps off of it.

"Playlist", and by playlist I mean an automatically updated screenshot of his machine, can be found here:

http://dempa.jitakuno.net/

cool sites~! =)
MDWigs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I've been listening to Otaku no Radio for almost a year now. It's a fantastic show, though this week they have had technical difficulties and had to replay an old show. Usually they are pretty efficient with releases, and damn funny in the show, I recommend you check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1