• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zombie-Loan.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenshin_Himura93

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote
ed the "Zombie Loan" anime (13 episodes). I wanted to know if there is anyone else that thought that the ending was spoiler[horrible.] To me it seems spoiler[ like it "just ended".] I felt like they could have done a LOT more with the series. Especially when spoiler[ the A Loan competing with the Z Loan was introduced. I figured that they could have at least put who won in the anime. Anime cry (although i am assuming the Z Loan wins if it is not a tie...)]

Also, i wanted to know (from someone who is pretty deep in the manga also,) if the manga is exactly the same as the anime, or if the manga keeps going on with the story; Because i really liked the series, and i wanted to get the manga too, but it is like $10.95 or something for everyone, and i do not want to get it if it ends the same way. So please, share your opinions on the ending here, and tell me (us) what you thought...

* I know the manga is still in the process of being released, but it would really help if you can tell me whatever you can! Very Happy

[EDIT: One question mark and smiley are enough. Also merged this with an older thread. -TK]
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote
The anime follows the manga storyline fairly closely. Episode 11 took the story into volume 6 of the manga. I haven't checked whether the events from episodes 12 and 13 are from volume 6 or volume 7. Of course, the manga provides more detail and some more scenes than the anime. That's to be expected. But on the whole, the anime and those first 6 volumes manga volumes are quite close.

The manga is still on-going in Japan. If I remember right, there are currently 10 volumes in Japan and will likely be 2 more before the series' end. (I believe the current arc is supposed to be the series' final arc.) If you want to know what happens after the anime, you need to read the manga because there's a lot that the anime didn't cover.

As for my opinion of the anime's ending... Episode 11 was the last episode broadcast. Episode 12 and 13 are DVD only episodes. I feel that episode 11 was the better place to end the show. {spoiler for episode 11 & 13 endings} spoiler[ It ends with a small cliffhanger in displaying Ferryman's true identity without explaining who or what he is. However, that cliffhanger is nothing compared to episode 13's ending with the two opposing teams glaring at each other prior to the serious undertaking of their contest while a third unknown party unknown to the teams watches the scene with weapons drawn. That cliffhanger is downright cruel to the viewer.]
Kenshin_Himura93

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: No. Go ask for scanlations elsewhere. -TK]
djvenom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote
i think they need to make sea 2 it like come on why make the dvd only esp if your going to just end it like that the show was really good i am hopping for a sea 2
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quote
djvenom wrote:
i think they need to make sea 2 it like come on why make the dvd only esp if your going to just end it like that the show was really good i am hopping for a sea 2

You do understand that this is an English-language forum, right?

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2