• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fullmetal Alchemist TV Anime to Premiere in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:45 am Reply with quote
Those of you who are FMA anime fans and have not read the manga seriously need to go do it right now. It's fairly similar at first, but once you get a few volumes in it gets completely different. You guys are missing out on major epicness.

I'm a huge FMA anime fan, so when I tell you that I think the manga is ten times better it's really saying something. Wink

penguintruth wrote:
Ugh, I hated what they did with Greed in the manga, spoiler[bringing him back to posess that worthless character Ling. Then he becomes equally worthless, save for in the few recent chapters. Much maligning of a once great character.] He actually served a purpose in the anime version.

I think you're the first person I've ever heard of who spoiler[didn't like Ling. Razz Personally, I think he's an awesome comic relief character, in addition to having some interesting back story.]

pparker wrote:
On topic... not having read the manga, but hearing what people have to say, I'm more inclined to at least be neutral on a complete reboot for FMA. The anime is just such win... and I really think I want to see something different, more, but I'll keep an open mind. The movie was fine as closure to the series, and the LE DVD is a must-have just for the commentary and interviews with Rie Kugimiya and Romi Paku doing a yuri bit with each other Smile Disappointed with only a dragon Envy, though.

But if they don't reboot, I don't want them staying in our world. It would be way too funky trying to transport or tie-in all my favorite characters. Needs more Envy, no matter what.

If you're an Envy fan, you are going to LOVE what the manga does with him. Wink
Dune

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 am Reply with quote
About Ling- IIRC, I wish he was integrated more smoothly into the main story. He tended to show up kind of abruptly.

"Oh what a coincidence running into you. Hey, wanna catch up on my country's subplot?"
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote
The in a new teaser in the official website, but I can't read Japanese... could someone give it a look and tell here what it says? Pretty please? Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I too was wondering what the new update on the site says.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
So I am to assume that the "Supplement" that was to appear with Gan Gan was the poster of Ed, and Al on the ruins?

Then just say poster
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote
ANN staff updated the news again, and it seems that the new teaser says: "In this palm, is there … hope or despair? … The most powerful dark fantasy is here … Fullmetal Alchemist: Broadcast begins on the MBS/TBS network nationwide in April 2009".

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! *dies*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shirochan88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:59 am Reply with quote
Gee, it would be nice if Bones would actually give some information about the show at least. What the hell, it's as if there has never been a Fullmetal series yet, and they aren't saying much. You'd think by now, someone would have phoned them and asked dozens of questions about it. Must be evidence of a complete reboot as some have thought. Oh well, hopefully its long enough so it doesn't have much in common with the other series, otherwise that be incredibly boring.
Zrana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
I must fess up to having wrongly stated about Ed not meeting Nina in the manga, bad memory, BAD BAD. (But it definitely wasn't for nearly the implied length of time the first anime had it. And although I love the manga more overall now, the anime SO made episode 7 so much more powerful than the page did.)

And now the point I really wanted to bring up, however late.

Rebooted series. Tenchi Muyo anyone? Reboots haven't seemed to make the previous ones any less noteworthy.

Now I'll go back to impatiently awaiting some epic manga scenes in full color, sound, and motion.

And Barry the Chopper getting more screen time. Anime hyper Oh the LULZ!
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Does somebody know where it's possible to buy the Japanese magazine with the poster showed in the official Hagaren website?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8