• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
This past week from Anime Island and Anime Export respectively I received the Tiger & Bunny Chibi Arts Kotetsu & Barnaby:

I like this line. They're kinda like Nendos but frankly these stands, jointed arms a la something you'd get with a Revoltech or SAS, are much better than the "grip their legs and hope it holds" Nendo stands I have. Yeah, their legs don't come off but imo Nendo legs are so stubby that their poseability is pretty limited anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 am Reply with quote
I've been wanting a Nyarko Figma, but I've got to say I'm disappointed with the one they're doing. How could they just leave out the forks like that!?
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quote
YuruYuri fans may want to know Alter's Mirakurun is open for pre-orders right now. Bonus: the scale is 1:7.

*crosses fingers and hopes to hell Alter does the rest of the cast.

I'm not one for the magical girl given she's not a main character, but it still looks nice.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone need a Hiyori Tamura by FREEing? Because Mandarake has one for a nifty 7500 yen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I was just disappointed that they ended that line before bringing out Misao Kusakabe. I was looking forward to getting her, but she never came out Sad
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
So Alter has pushed Kneesocks from late July to late August to now early September. They did mention in early July that there was a problem during production, so at least there was word, but it's a tad annoying, especially since that order contains the Anaru Beach Queen and Black Rock Shooter figma, which have been out since July.

Now I have an option, though. Do I combine this with my current September order? This one contains Sena Beach Queen and Stocking from Alter. I'm hesitant since those are scheduled for late September and the other one is for early. Also, with five items in the order, and with one already have been delayed twice, the chance of something getting pushed back a month and holding up the whole thing increases. It'd also probably have to be EMS because how big the package would be, and both are currently marked for SAL. 22,000 + shipping is also hard to swallow in one fell swoop.

Then again, it'd be convenient for both me and my mailman to have it all come at once. OH THE DECISIONS!
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
The savings for combining all orders into one are worth it if you ask me. Also, EMS isn't your only option. Assuming you're using AmiAmi, if you have it set for SAL Small Packet and it goes over the weight limit, they'll likely change it to SAL Parcel. But, that really only saves you about 300 yen, so I personally think it's better just to go EMS and get the package quicker than to save a few bucks.

Now, back to the combining thing. I don't have my packing slip from last month anymore, but I had 5 figures come in that order, with a total weight of 2.4 kg. So, the EMS shipping cost for that order was 4560 yen, or about $60 at current rates via Paypal. Now, even if we assume that all the figures weighed the same, it's still .48 kg per, which would cost 990 yen each to ship all 5 separately via SAL Small Packet. So, instead of 4560 yen in shipping costs, for EMS shipping I might add, you'd be paying 4950 yen in shipping costs and having them be in transit much longer. Also, the other option, SAL Parcel, would cost 4310 yen, just for the sake of argument.

But, I'm just giving you information to help make your own decision, in case you've never combined a monthly order before. If you're an old hand at doing this, then I guess I'm preaching to the choir and you already know what you want to do Wink
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
I've combined orders before, but not this many. I've been under the assumption that SAL Parcel had a lower cut-off weight, but apparently it goes up to 30kg, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I also don't think speed is an issue. For my last few orders that I got via SAL, they were only in the mail 9-10 days, which is plenty fast. It's still not EMS 3-4 days fast, but it's still fast.

Although, you are right that EMS is cheaper. I did a calculation at Japan Post assuming my package would weigh 2.5kg (probably a little high), and it'd be 4700 for EMS and then 5000 for SAL. I don't quite understand that, though. Shouldn't EMS always be more expensive since it's the faster service? I've noticed this before when I bought my Madoka DX figures from Aikoudo, and EMS was usually about 2000 cheaper than SAL Parcel.
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Two weeks ago, from Anime Export (yes, a figure backlog Laughing) I received the Tiger & Bunny Half Age Character vol. 1 box of 8 trading figures:

The paint jobs are what you'd expect on small trading figures but they'll look fine in a row between my Taibani Deformeister Petits and the larger Figure Arts Zero/DX figures. They're very cute otherwise.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I've combined orders before, but not this many. I've been under the assumption that SAL Parcel had a lower cut-off weight, but apparently it goes up to 30kg, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I also don't think speed is an issue. For my last few orders that I got via SAL, they were only in the mail 9-10 days, which is plenty fast. It's still not EMS 3-4 days fast, but it's still fast.

Although, you are right that EMS is cheaper. I did a calculation at Japan Post assuming my package would weigh 2.5kg (probably a little high), and it'd be 4700 for EMS and then 5000 for SAL. I don't quite understand that, though. Shouldn't EMS always be more expensive since it's the faster service? I've noticed this before when I bought my Madoka DX figures from Aikoudo, and EMS was usually about 2000 cheaper than SAL Parcel.

Huh, that's strange since AmiAmi's shipping FAQ shows that EMS is still slightly more expensive than SAL Parcel. Maybe different shops have different shipping rates. That's about the only thing I can think of to explain it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote
My ... heart ... can't take ... it ....

Yep, that's right, a moment I never thought would ever arrive, has. My Sudsy Hinako, which I pre-ordered a year ago and which was supposed to have been released in December of 2011 is FINALLY on it's way to me!

*heavenly choir*

And after a mere 5 RELEASE DATE CHANGES. Mind you, I can't really bitch about the last one as it changed the date from late October to early September.

Oh, Sudsy, what fun we'll have!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:10 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
My ... heart ... can't take ... it ....

Yep, that's right, a moment I never thought would ever arrive, has. My Sudsy Hinako, which I pre-ordered a year ago and which was supposed to have been released in December of 2011 is FINALLY on it's way to me!

*heavenly choir*

And after a mere 5 RELEASE DATE CHANGES. Mind you, I can't really bitch about the last one as it changed the date from late October to early September.

Oh, Sudsy, what fun we'll have!

Here's hoping it doesn't get lost in the mail or mangled by a postal service gorilla.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:36 am Reply with quote
Thank you for exacerbating my already heightened paranoia...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:06 am Reply with quote
@ Blood-

It is not paranoia if they are really out to get you.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:54 am Reply with quote
...and they are...

*looks around nervously*

...they very MUCH are...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 82 of 111