• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larinon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. To be honest, I think the only times I've used Latin since college have been in anime forums. Two different ones, in fact, which I find strange.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I attempt to make use of my Latin and etymology skills here. I've gotten as high as level 50 starting from scratch (donating like 30000 grains in the process).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AndrewJose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:47 am Reply with quote
Name: Andrew
Sex: Male

Marital Status: married

Religion: Humanity

Drink/Smoke: Never.

Dislikes: Lies

Favorite anime: Heroic Legend of Arislan, Nadesico, and most any crazy comedy ala Excel Saga/Pani Poni Dash/ Hare+Guu.

Favorite game: Final Fantasy 12.
KyuubiNaruto1313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Name: Ryan

Age: 14 (I've noticed im i alot younger than most people here)

Drink/Smoke: None

Dislikes: Too many to count

Favorite anime: Cross between Naruto, Bleach, and the Rosario + Vampire series.

Hobbies: Watching Anime, Playing Video Games, many more

Pets: 2 dogs, a Basset Hound named Lola and a Boxer named Maggy
Phantom Claymore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Ugh. Feels like you came right off a cowboy movie. I can understand your point, but most men do as deemed necessary. What might look like a cowardice to you, might be something that person considers a normal, easiest and apparent action.

By the way, welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your stay and I also hope you don't spam us with your love for Claymore!

well yeah, everyone has their own opinion rite? lol anyway, the Claymore thing was a little misinterpretation on my part. it had a lil romancey deal in it so i put it in the romance anime thread since the main 2 characters spend forever tryin to find each other and they promise to live on until they do and so on and so forth... again my bad lmao
egocentric

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, for some inexplicable reason, I had this urge to create a new account. I'm egoist, nice to meet you.
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote
egocentric wrote:
Well, for some inexplicable reason, I had this urge to create a new account. I'm egoist, nice to meet you.

Didn't you have three years of subscription on the other account? I'd feel sad if I made a new account, I've gotten attached Embarassed
egocentric

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote
I'll be using both, just for fun. Though I'll be using egoist most of the times. You know, I just love the word "egoist". It fits me so well.
Oh yeah. I still have 3 years subs., but other than faster server it doesn't mean a lot to me. Wink
NikkolasKing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:52 am Reply with quote
Um, hey everyone.

Name: Nicholas Mical

Blood Type: I can’t remember. lol

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: French Canadian, Irish, Polish, Czech, Lithuanian and some more I can’t remember

Religion: Don’t really care. Not atheist, not theist. Just…don’t care.

Pets: None

Drink/Smoke: Neither. Both are disgusting to me.

Likes: Talking to people who share my opinions, arguing with people who respect my opinion, just hanging out, watching tons of anime…that’s mainly it. I enjoy discussing what I like with others as well as arguing it with others because both help me refine why I like it so much. Least that’s what I think.

Dislikes: People who think their taste is supreme and if you like what they don’t like you’re wrong.

Favorite anime: Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon ball (not Z), Natasha (most of it) and Kyo Kara Maoh!.

Favorite Manga Don’t read manga generally.

Favorite Books:Timeline, Harry Potter, The Vampire Chronicles, To Kill A Mocking Bird

Favorite game: Xenosaga I & III, Final Fantasy IX, all Legacy of Kain games, Grand Theft Auto III, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Interview with the Vampire, The Crow, Little Nikki, Aladdin 1 and 2, The Matrix

Favorite Drink: None

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Cocacola Classic

Favorite Foods: Cheeseburgers, pizza, Mrs. Grass Noodle Soup, chicken nuggets… All this and more fatty stuff. And I’m still almost underweight. Go metabolism.

Favorite Sites: YouTube, a few…adult image sites for my favorite anime characters, Wikipedia

Favorite Sport (to watch):None

Favorite Sport (to play):None

Favorite Music: I listen to most types of music but my favorite genres are heavy metal and pop. More specifically I like thrash metal and synthpop. Odd combination I know… My top two bands are Slayer and Blondie. Go figure that out. Anime hyper

Job: None at the moment

Hobbies: Mainly just hanging out on my computer. Can do everything I enjoy from here.

Favorite Quotes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-BCHN7eFgE
WolfGang_S

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote

Male

Relationship Status: Single

I've been watching anime and reading manga forever. I've gotta be the most easiest guy to get along with, i have all kinds of friends doesnt matter what race u are, religion, or any of that stuff as long as your cool were cool.

Im in college rite now and im majoring in animation but that may change really soon depending on what the answerman says lol. I love to draw and designing characters and do voices and write stories for manga, thats my dream and im gonna see it thru.

I love playing street fighter lol i play it a lot. i have some geeky thing about me but ill tell u guys later lol.

Im not shy so if you wanna know anything just ask.
WolfGang_S

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:04 am Reply with quote
O yea my fave animes are....DBZ, GunGrave, Samurai Champloo, Yu Yu Hakusho, Grappler Baki, Scryed.

And if you have a really cool looking avatar i mite add you lol im attracted to good artwork Laughing
brilliantacid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Name | Silus

Sex | Female

Blood Type | O Negative

Location | Everywhere

Marital Status | Open relationships / Swinger

Age | 19

Ethnicity | Human Being

Religion | Roman Catholic

Pets | A fat black rat named Yoshiki and an overly hyper American Foxhound named Mick Jagger.

Drink/Smoke | Yes / Yes. I daresay I do too much of both.

Likes | Facial Piercings, Cooking, playing the piano, studying, reading, drinking tea, making tea, growing tea, incense, the elderly.

Dislikes | Hypocrisy, lies, socks&shoes, bright places, tardiness, general rambunctiousness.

Favorite Anime | Mononoke, Ayakashi : Samurai Horror Tales, Aria, Strawberry Panic, Darker than Black, Soul Eater, 07Ghost, Kuroshitsuji.

Favorite Manga | Soul Eater, Mars, King of Hell, After School Nightmare, Voices of a Distant Star

Favorite Books | Foundation, Dune, The Once and Future King, The Tomorrow File, Doctor Zhivago, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Count of Monte Cristo, Wuthering Heights, Harry Potter, King Rat, Starship Troopers

Favorite game | Final Fantasy Series. Shin Megami Tensei.

Favorite TV shows/Movies | I don't watch television, but I'm addicted to the Tuesday Night Drama Liar Game, since it's the second season finally. As for movies... ... Harry Potter and anything SciFi.

Favorite Drink | Kinky Orgasm

Non-Alcoholic Drink | Tea

Favorite Foods | Anything raw. Salad.

Favorite Sites | livejournal, facebook, gaiaonline

Favorite Sport (to watch) | Football, Cycling.

Favorite Sport (to play) | Soccer, Cycling.

Favorite Music | Dir en grey, Chariots, Matenrou Opera, S.Q.F

Job | Teacher of music.

Hobbies | Gardening, Writing, Reading. Collecting odds and ends. Finding items on sale. Thrift store shopping.

Fun facts about Silus
† I've been told I'm an old man stuck in a young body †
† I'm fluent in four languages †
† I believe in Pacifism. †
† I cross-dress. †

Favorite Quotes
--- Nothing is worth more than this day. ---
--- Goethe

- There's Nothing Cheaper than something Free -
- Always Expect the Unfamiliar -
--- Laguna Loire [FFVIII]

- The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. -
- What do you despise? By this you are truly known. -
- May your knife chip and shatter. -
--- DUNE

Pictures
In which I look female.
I took this picture about ten seconds ago.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
You... are... the weirdest female being I've ever met, no offense. Nice to meet you, and welcome.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Ah egoist, you smooth-talker, you... but yes, welcome to all new ANNers here. Hope you all hang around and contribute to the insanity that is anime/manga fandom.
EvilMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Hello everyone

Name: Nick

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Mostly Latino, some Swedish and some Italian

Religion: none

Pets: Dog, half Rottweiler and half something else.

Dislikes: Lies, tardiness, Indian food.

Favorite anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Detective Conan, Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal, FMA (both, but new one > old one)

Favorite Books: Ishmael, The Lord of the Rings, Brave New World.

Favorite game: Dark Cloud 2

Favorite TV shows: House, The Big Bang Theory, Law & Order SVU, Supernatural, Smallville.

Favorite Movies: The Dark Knight, The Bourne Trilogy, Back to the Future.
breatlee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:39 am Reply with quote
I am Brate Lee. I am new in this forum.. I am here to exchange some good post and information...I only know people were i live but i rarely have anything to do with em.and i can also walk down the shopping streets and meet people that my bro now or people that somehow knows who i am. But again..No real close friends. I live close up to a well traficated rossroad,were i look out the window each day and wonder were all these people are going, because it must be more fun than what i am doing alone in my small apartment. That including gaming and movie/serie watching.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 86 of 233