• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Blood: The Last Vampire's 2nd U.S. Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:56 am Reply with quote
Oh and another thing: not to be too pervy, but black bicycle shorts underneath a school dress instead of plain white cotton panties? Doesn't that, like, totally violate the Japanese schoolgirl uniform dress code or something?
Eivion

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Looks cool. One minor quibble: I wish they had kept Saya's hair short like it is in the anime and manga (except in certain flashback scenes, of course).

Its based off the original movie where her hair was long.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Looks cool. One minor quibble: I wish they had kept Saya's hair short like it is in the anime and manga (except in certain flashback scenes, of course).

And the Blood manga. (Dark Horse, VIZ Media)

You're prob confusing it with the Blood+ manga.

These are 2 separate franchises.
Fawfulhasfury

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I haven't seen the first movie, so I don't know anything about the alternate storyline or whatever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Eivion wrote:
Blood- wrote:

And the Blood manga. (Dark Horse, VIZ Media)

You're prob confusing it with the Blood+ manga.

These are 2 separate franchises.

I did not realize there was two different mangas based on the same character and basic mythology. I'm familiar with Blood: The Last Vampire movie because I saw it a number of years ago and I own it (but haven't re-watched it yet).

Okay, let me put it this way, then: I prefer Saya with short hair.
TheHaruhiIncarnate

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Do you think it's gonna be as short as the original animated Blood: The last Vampire?

Oh! And Saya's hair was long in the animated movie. Smile
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I don't even know why everyone keeps saying "don't let it be another Dragon Ball" considering the following...

- US Trailer only (I'm happy, which means the company obtained the rights)
- Not made in the US
- Not produced by FOX (YAY)

Please stop saying that. And just because it's an Asian film doesn't mean it doesn't have the capability of sucking, because I could think of plenty of live action films that do. Anime hyper;

After seeing Blood+, I'm not sure which version of Saya I like better, though. Any thoughts?

EDIT - Theater release? YAY. <3
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
I know, some of it is that English isn't their first language, but in that case, have them speak their native language! It's not like they have to speak English for something that's set in Japan!

i understood that it would be handled like the anime was - where both japanese and english were used dependant on the specific setting where the dialog was taking place.
Jonasan
ANN Video Director & Producer

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely can't wait to see this movie. I don't know, it's not necessarily the greatest story ever, but I always loved the anime. I hope it rocks.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote
tyger: It's not being made in America or by FOX which is the problem, since there are some decent genre films from both the country and the studio. The problem is an ethnocentric take on these adaptations, as well as a desire to be all-pleasing at the expense of the aspects of the source material which make it work in the first place.

Jonasan: Worse comes to worst, at least it'll be reference material for how to at least start off on the right foot on these things.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
The trailer looks great and the movie looks better and better each time i see more of it. That said there are still a few minor gripes I have.

-Even if Onigen doesn't end up being Saya's sister they still should have used the name Diva as it is much more noticable to fans of the series and other people seeing this without any other experience with the franchise would not care either way.

-The Wire Fu. Every trailer for the movie so far looks to have lots of Wire foo and if the trailers do logic would lead me to think that the movie over all has lots of it to which not matter how well done doesn't really fit the gritty and brutal world of Blood.

-last and this is least and probably a stupid complaint that logo at the end of the trailer SUCKED. They should have just used a beefed up version of the logo from the original anime movie.

All That said I will be going to see it day one and I cant wait.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow I correct myself. The movie is American made.

Sort of...

I noticed a lot of scenes that remind me of the anime as well.

o.O I guess I'll have to read the manga because considering that chick in white reminds me of Diva, I'm becoming a little puzzled.

btw...wow, rated R. appropriate.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Oh and another thing: not to be too pervy, but black bicycle shorts underneath a school dress instead of plain white cotton panties? Doesn't that, like, totally violate the Japanese schoolgirl uniform dress code or something?

I don't know, is white panties your ultimate goal in watching a movie with the main character dressed in a schoolgirl outfit?
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:01 am Reply with quote
That is kind of tame for an R-rated movie, but maybe Giana Jun didn't want horny guys posting upskirt shots of her on the Internets. Personally, though, considering that certain contemporary manga have some girls wearing skirts and pants, I guess it's not a big deal. As for myself, I imagine that shorts might be more comfy for fights than underwear which rides up your ass all the time.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Blood- wrote:

I don't know, is white panties your ultimate goal in watching a movie with the main character dressed in a schoolgirl outfit?

Yes, absolutely.

Er, I mean, no, not at all!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3