• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon: ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Everyone else already mentioned it but, I'm also glad to see Mewtwo return to the big screen. One of my favorite Psychic types and I really enjoyed his cameos from the earlier seasons.

TitanXL wrote:

Way back in Jouto there was an OVA where Sakaki assault Mewtwo's utopia where he took the cloned Pokemon in order to recapture him and get revenge for his betrayal. Satoshi, Kasumi, and Takeshi arrive again to help him out and in the end Mewtwo decies not to wipe their memories.

*sigh* This what happens when I grow up watching the dubs and never bothered watching the original Japanese version (or the TV specials/OVAs). Not too mention I stopped watching the show regularly while in High School; I sometimes watch Best Wishes! on Cartoon Network so that's why I thought I missed something.

Quote:
From what I recall Dent and Iris were surprised because they never saw a Dogars before.

That part was kept in but, since Ash has already seen and scanned Koffing before, I couldn't help think, "Well, doesn't his new Pokedex keep info from the previous versions?"

Sheleigha wrote:

[...] As for the Pokedex thing, Best Wishes! has gone overboard with him checking Pokemon. He'll re-check a Gen5 Pokemon he's already seen, and been checking old Gen Pokemon he's seen a dozen times. It's only done for the show, most likely for new, younger fans that never grew up with the older ones.

Seems like a total pain to to re-scan Pokemon from previous generations and regions (leaves some older fans to wonder if Ash is getting all senile Anime hyper) but, for the new generation of Poke fans, it makes sense.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote
I just browsed the second episode again to be sure, and technically he never scanned Dogars. They attack the Pokemon center and he doesn't scan either of their Pokemon. His fight with Homika was actually the first time he officially scanned it. So interesting enough, he never scanned any of Rocket Gang's original Pokemon. Never scanned their evolved forms either. Interesting tidbit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2