• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sound Decision - Final Fantasy XII

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I’m not sure how fair it is to compare "Kiss me goodbye" with "Eyes on me". Each song was written with a completely different style and mood in mind; one is a lighthearted, simple expression of love, while the other is bold and dramatic. As a fan of Faye Wong's phenomenal voice, I have to say that Angela Aki bores me to death – but she sure can play piano.
RezSav

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow... what a coincidence. I remember surfing around some Japanese record label websites and they had this girl, and the same picture, on one of them. So I checked out her website, linked to a blog, but didn't know wtf I was reading on any of them since they didn't have an english adaptation of those sites. And now, she's on ANN... nice to hear some of her songs, finally.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quote
JMays wrote:

The next person who complains about how I described her image without listening to the samples or watching her video will be banned.

...or rollyeyed.

I wasn't complaining, I simply meant that I was a little surprised that her new single might be dark and rock-inspired rather than her usual upbeat piano tunes. Having gotten a hold of the single for myself I could understand why someone would think that if it was their first exposure to her, but I still don't necessarily agree.

Then again I thought Nakashima was a bad choice for Nana from a musical perspective (I was saying Tsuchiya Anna all along (: ), but agree that she does sound quite a bit like "Nakashima Mika as Nana". I apologize if I came off as rude, I was actually very happy with the column. It's nice to see some less "mainstream" (though Younha is rather popular with J-pop fans, fro my experience) artists covered. (:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Haha, I know you weren't complaining, but you did start an amusing parade of "I haven't heard the songs BUT" posts. ;p
DaZ616

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:57 am Reply with quote
I hope the music from FFXII is as good as the music from the previous ff series. ill be expecting something good from the Sound track.

But im even expecting bigger installments from FFXII, the game itself. With the new battle system, its something to look foreward to. Very Happy

Anyone played the japanese version yet? since the eng verson isnt out yet...i think...

-DaZ
Go the Aussies! FIFA 2006( no chance in beating brazil Embarassed )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
DaZ616 wrote:
I hope the music from FFXII is as good as the music from the previous ff series. ill be expecting something good from the Sound track.
It's pretty good. Just about as I execpt. The theme song though, I didn't hear it yet. They might be saving for later part of the game or the end credits.
DaZ616 wrote:
But im even expecting bigger installments from FFXII, the game itself. With the new battle system, its something to look foreward to. Very Happy
Since little info has been released on 13, outside of there 3 parts to it and the cool video, we can only guess it will the wrost Final Fantasy ever. *L* Get it, becasue it's 13... ah forget it.[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Finally checked out Younha's "Go! Younha" album today...I concede on the Ashlee/Avril comparison. More Younha reviews coming soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2