• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comedian/Voice Actor Yakkun Sakurazuka/Yasuo Saitou Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momokochan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Now, I now that Meroko's voice has also passed away?! I did not knew that. Now both Takuto AND Meroko's voices I can't.
However, Yasou Saito's death sounds awful geez, I can't believe it
TsukasaHiiragi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Very sad news, may them all rest in peace. But it does bring up the importance of wearing seat belts - just maybe, if they indeed was wearing them they might have survived.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
And don't get me started with how drivers don't know how to react when an emergency vehicle needs to get by. It takes them at least half a minute to let the ambulance go. The first cars always ignore it. -_-

I know in the US, the rule is generally to stop driving and/or get out of the way. Is it different in Japan?

People running red lights doesn't sound all that unusual, actually. Does Japan have any right-turn-on-red laws?
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
People running red lights doesn't sound all that unusual, actually. Does Japan have any right-turn-on-red laws?

I live near the Los Angeles area, and hearing about a person getting hit because some jerk wants to run a red light usualy shows up at least once a week on the local news.
You get enough people on the road and eventually you just get at least one asshole that doesn't care about traffic laws "because they don't see the cops around" and something like this happens.
Crystal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Oh my god... Takuto... Now Takuto and Meroko's voices are both gone... It's just all so terrible. I hope he went without too much pain...

This is awful . . . I'm hoping there isn't some sort of "Full Moon Curse" and Myco'll be OK for the next couple of decades.

Rest in Peace "Onion Ramen" . . .

I see Arina Tanemura made these tweets about him:
https://twitter.com/arinacchi/status/386516142224711680
I THINK the first one says "Yakkun Sakurazuka's dead . . . is it a lie?"

https://twitter.com/arinacchi/status/386495160609030144
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
I know in the US, the rule is generally to stop driving and/or get out of the way. Is it different in Japan?

I don't drive so I don't know the rules, but basically when you hear an ambulance coming, the cars are OMGOMGOMG and keep going on their merry way for like half a minute, then finally some people get the idea and try to get out of the way to let it pass. Ambulances in Japanese, btw, are VERY slow. They're not like in the U.S. where they're quickly trying to get where they're going. They politely ask over the loud speaker for people to please move.

You cannot turn right on red in Japan. They drive on the left side. From what I've see, you can't turn left on red either.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Rest in peace.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:

I THINK the first one says "Yakkun Sakurazuka's dead . . . is it a lie?"

More or less. Her 「嘘だよね?」 indicates how shocked she is like the American phrase of "no way" or "this can't be real".
She's taking it hard; she knew him personally. I keep checking the page for a new sketch or something.
dan9999

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote
RIP.

Damn, both Meroko and Takuto gone this year Crying or Very sad

http://youtu.be/JWN6sPXj0Mo
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Takuto and Meroko have been immortalized and will NEVER die.
They touched the lives of thousands of fans and will continue to do so until the world ends...(and maybe even after that).
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
My goodness, this is a horrible way to die. Shocked

My heart goes out to the families of the love one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
Arina Tanemura wrote on her Twitter:

"Yakkun played Takuto in Full Moon wo Sagashite so awesomely. I even was able to become friends with him in our private lives. He was always so bright and positive, and he was an extremely kind and wonderful person. He is eternally a precious friend of mine. Please sleep peacefully, OK...? Really, I give you lots and lots of the phrase, "Thank you."
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:16 am Reply with quote
dunno who they are, but its a horrible way to die. wear your seat-belts people!!!
mgosdin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:33 am Reply with quote
Thoughts & Prayers for the Families, Friends and Fans of the two lost in this accident.

Seat Belts, Yes I wear mine and Yes I am alive ( and was bruised ) because I did so.

Red light turns, in Florida Right on Red unless otherwise marked and Left on Red in designated intersections. Drivers in Orlando Metro are from all over the US, Canada and other countries, amazingly everything seems to work fairly well. Accidents do happen, but not as many as you would think there would be.

Mark Gosdin
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:21 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
octopodpie wrote:
This sounds awful. I wonder if their seatbelts failed or if there are similar seatbelt laws in Japan like that have in the U.S.?

I've been told that in Japan they require people to wear seat belts but from what I've seen, not everyone does. Traffic rules seem to be very loosely enforced over here. People run reds ALL the time. One time there were TWO police cars, one each on a different side of the intersection and they didn't do a thing when a couple cars ran a red. The car even turned into the lane adjacent to the police car.......... I think you can tell how annoyed I am by this. I bike across this intersection every day and there are always at least 2-4 cars who run the red. ALWAYS. My record is 6 cars. It's crazy!

And don't get me started with how drivers don't know how to react when an emergency vehicle needs to get by. It takes them at least half a minute to let the ambulance go. The first cars always ignore it. -_-

Watch how kids in the car are treated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3