• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yurindo Bookstore Chain Temporarily Removes Kuroko's Basketball Merchandise

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leebo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
If that was actually true, it seems like it would be really easy for the authorities to locate the person in question. I'm guessing this is an imagined wrongdoing, rather than someone who was personally mistreated.
Ringking

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
I honestly can't blame them. The Japanese police must be bumbling idiots, and I wouldn't place my customers lives in their hands. I don't want to sound like some patriotic idiot, but I am certain that if this were happening in America, it would have been stopped within 3-4 months, tops.

Based on what? Frankly I'm sick of people having a go at the police every time one of these stories pops up and saying they are incompetent, what do you honestly expect them to do about this? Unless the culprit leaves some manner of forensic evidence in one of the letters and the police can match that to something in the database, they have no leads. It's not like the criminal is leaving their return address on the envelopes...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
What? What the hell is going on in Japan? Well, can't talk much about them when the US is no better. But I'll agree with the above comment that the whole world is going f+++ing backwards. I'm curious to know who the hell these people are an can they really be taken so seriously to get a book taken off the shelf. And is this person really that much of a threat.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
PUSSIES!

has there been an actual attack? because if not they are just cowards.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
PUSSIES!

has there been an actual attack? because if not they are just cowards.

Quote:
Since October 2012, locations linked to Kuroko's Basketball creator Tadatoshi Fujimaki have received threat letters, including some with powdered and liquid substances. A source in the investigation of the threats said there is a high possibility that the liquid sent to Sophia University (Fujimaki's alma mater) on October 12, 2012 could emit a lethal dose of hydrogen sulfide if vaporized.

Right on the article... Something that not one wants to test out, either. It's basically a new sort of anthrax scare.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Leebo wrote:
If that was actually true, it seems like it would be really easy for the authorities to locate the person in question. I'm guessing this is an imagined wrongdoing, rather than someone who was personally mistreated.
He posted a number of times to 2ch under the name "Reaper in Mourning" explaining his rationale - it's definitely one of those you're-guilty-because-I'm-crazy things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2