• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Type-Moon Ace Magazine Hints at Fate/Stay Night Announcement

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why people think it'll be prototype. The older magazine article screenshots from it clearly show Saber, Rin and Sakura.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Prototype was the initial story concept of Nasu's before he realized that he needed to make FSN more financially viable for the visual novel market, right? The one that was turned into that little OVA for Type-Moon's 10th anniversary?

Yeah, definitely can't see it being that. Surely the Type Moon Ace Magazine ad is referring to Ufotable's Fate Stay Night project, right? I'll be reiterating what I've said before in some PM of mine: that as awesome it'd be to see Heaven’s Feel, having completed Fate/Zero recently has reminded of just how little resolution there was for Saber at the end of the Fourth Holy Grail War. In Heavens Feel by itself, spoiler[she arguably finds even lesser resolution, becoming an enemy pawn as "Dark Saber"/"Saber Alter" with no real redemption ]. Thus, I’d most love to see some aspects of the ‘Fate’ route find their way into the new anime—spoiler[ particularly a final battle with Gilgamesh and a final, peaceful denouement for her as Arturia herself.] While I’m sure such scenes were shown in the DEEN adaptation, I’m afraid they won’t be up to my standards after seeing how F/Z was done. I’d even be okay with the existence of spoiler[Saber Alter] if she spoiler[“came back” to her senses] sometime after and enacted something akin to those final scenes. And while we're at it, something would need to be done about Archer, since Archer's role in HF makes little sense without the important revelations found pretty much exclusively within the Unlimited Blade Works route-- revelations that I understand to be poorly illustrated (if at all) in the DEEN adaptation.

Btw, here's the scan of the magazine article that RyanSaotome was probably referring to: http://i.imgur.com/YLYOQ1O.jpg. The screenshots with the letterboxing are from Realta Nua openings ufotable produced for the PSVita; thus, the screenshots without the letter boxing appear to be from Ufotable's upcoming FSN project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mak123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:19 am Reply with quote
FSN has 25 episodes and they added a Caster arc. So they could do it in 20 episodes. I really hope in a remake.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2