• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sheryl Nome Outlines Macross Frontier Film Box in Seminar Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:36 am Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
nbahn wrote:
Quote:
The Blu-ray Disc version of the box will cost 16,800 yen (about US$168), while the DVD version will cost 14,800 yen (US$148).

Good gravy. Are you f---ing kidding me???!!!

Meanwhile, this guy pre-orders a 59.99$ 12-ep, bare bones release with a subpar dub and feels like he made a great purchase.

Yeah, that guy makes terrible purchases getting something for half the price, just because it doesn't have related commercials and a booklet with some promo art. That stuff makes it worth well over double the price, far better than getting two entire series.

Look, I'm not attacking Limited Editions here, I love to get them for series I love, and even have the import Gurren Lagann bluray set, but don't attack someone for thinking it's overpriced. Really, even if you like them, you can't deny that they're a rip-off. My Bakemonogatari set was a ripoff, but I still bought it. If anything I would say that bare-bones sets are the wisest purchases, especially when Rightstuf has sales where they are $35. Hell, even Sentai is throwing in soundtracks now days. It's financially unwise to be getting these things, but we do it anyway because we are die-hard fans. That little booklet and interviews don't make anything worth an extra hundred bucks, but we do it because we have gotten used to it and just love anime that much.
sailorsarah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:

Still available on AmiAmi where I preordered mine - http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=GAME-0010432

Thank you so much for the link! Just ordered! It should still be available at AmiAmi...it doesn't say tentative preorder yet, like it usually does if they're not sure they can get you one.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 am Reply with quote
rydia251 wrote:
acetatsujin wrote:
Wow this is retarded. They have English subtitles but they DO NOT ship outside Japan. How stupid is that? ... Just my opinion.

Just to clarify, Amazon Japan will not ship most games to America, and this box apparently has been classified as a game due to the PS3 hybrid content. If it was classified as a movie, we could probably get it.

The two Macross Frontier movies, when originally released individually on Blu-ray, were also classified as games by Amazon, because of some PS3 games on the movie BDs. It looks like Macross DYRL was also a "game", since my notes show that my AmazonJP order went to Tenso for reshipment to the US. This isn't really too much of a surprise, although it's still a disappointment.

While I ordered my copy from AmiAmi, YesAsia is also selling the set (and shipping's included in their price, IIRC).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2