• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans From 94 Countries Vote For Their Most Anticipated Summer Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angieness

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
No Aldnoah.Zero or Zankyo No Terror.... hmm, I guess I must really be out of touch with kids these days. Confused

Bare minimum I was expecting Aldnoah.Zero considering who made it. Zankyo no Terror is probably a bigger deal to US fans considering we seem to like Watanabe more.
Karakuri100p

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Angel'sArcanum wrote:
Why do I do this to myself? I know these polls will always be horrendous. I must be a masochist. Cripes, Prism Ilya>SMC!? Hamatora but no Zankyo no Terror!? This is insanity.

TRUTH!
Karakuri100p

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
No Aldnoah.Zero or Zankyo No Terror.... hmm, I guess I must really be out of touch with kids these days. Confused

And what about Space Dandy season 2 ?!?! Seriously,this is so weird... Confused Confused Shocked
cloud8100

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Tokyo Ghoul and Black Butler for me Very Happy.

Otherwise... the only other anime I'm checking out from that list is Sailor Moon & Tokyo ESP. Looking forward to Tokyo Ghoul most though.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Angel'sArcanum wrote:
Prism Ilya>SMC!?
Look closer - Sailor Moon is on the women's list but not the men's and Prism Ilya is on the men's but not the women's. That a number five could come on the heels of a number three suggests the women's votes were more concentrated, especially if there was a significant difference in participation.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
If it does well, I could see anime producers getting in the habit of taking any successful title, tweaking it with some new footage and then re-releasing it for more sales. Why bother with even creating a similar story and hoping it will do as well when you can just recycle 90% of something you already have

They already pretty much do exactly that with recap films.

It kind of saddens me that Aldnoah.Zero, Akeme ga Kill and Terror in Resonance aren't anywhere to be found on either three of these rankings. I mean, it's not indictative of their final quality, but at the very least they sound intriguing. Not only that but they were also hyped to hell and back too. Maybe that was just in relation to the internet fandom, I'm not sure. I'm am sure though that the overall worldwide community must have a very differing opinion from myself. Because I don't particularly agree with this list all that much. At least Space Dandy just barely made the cut on the men's list.
shiranehito

I seriously don't understand the hype for "new" Psycho-Pass. Well, it's a great series and all, but I'm not hoping much for something I already watched (especially the new edit must have removed the glorious quality of episode 18).

It's really weird that "men" hyped for Free! that much but no Sailor Moon Crystal in the list. Really really weird. Black Butler also ranked pretty high for both gender (though it makes sense since it's serialized in shounen but also (secretly) targeted for girls).

I find it weird that there's no Aldnoah Zero and Zankyou no Terror because I think both of them are the most interesting in the list.
Other than those two I expect a lot from Tokyo Ghoul and Glasslip. Though seeing the first episodes didn't give me anything at all.
Jayhosh

Jayhosh wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
If it does well, I could see anime producers getting in the habit of taking any successful title, tweaking it with some new footage and then re-releasing it for more sales. Why bother with even creating a similar story and hoping it will do as well when you can just recycle 90% of something you already have

It kind of saddens me that Aldnoah.Zero, Akeme ga Kill and Terror in Resonance aren't anywhere to be found on either three of these rankings. I mean, it's not indictative of their final quality, but at the very least they sound intriguing. Not only that but they were also hyped to hell and back too. Maybe that was just in relation to the internet fandom, I'm not sure. I'm am sure though that the overall worldwide community must have a very differing opinion from myself. Because I don't particularly agree with this list all that much. At least Space Dandy just barely made the cut on the men's list.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

Last edited by Jayhosh on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Karakuri100p wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

And what about Space Dandy season 2 ?!?! Seriously,this is so weird... Confused Confused Shocked

You must be out of touch. WE already know Space Dandy Season 1 is not that popular. Aldnoah.Zero and Zankyo No Terror are new IPs, normally people don't anticipate new IPs.

IF you think any anime other than SAO at #1, then it's confirmation that you are out of touch.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Karakuri100p wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

You must be out of touch. WE already know Space Dandy Season 1 is not that popular. Aldnoah.Zero and Zankyo No Terror are new IPs, normally people don't anticipate new IPs.

IF you think any anime other than SAO at #1, then it's confirmation that you are out of touch.

Don't you call [/b]me out of touch grandpa!

And my apologies for my repeat posts, I tried to fix them but it won't let me for some reason, so I guess I'll just leave them there. I don't really care enough to figure it out, so please don't attempt to tell me how to fix it.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Karakuri100p wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

Don't you call me out of touch grandpa!

And my apologies for my repeat posts, I tried to fix them but it won't let me for some reason, so I guess I'll just leave them there. I don't really care enough to figure it out, so please don't attempt to tell me how to fix it.
Zero Requiem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
For me it's Re:_Hamatora and Tokyo Ghoul

Atm Tokyo Ghoul is my favorite manga and Hamatora was love at first sight
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Terror in Resonance is my most anticipated Summer anime series. And the lists from the poll make sense to me.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Karakuri100p wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

.... so, you're saying people only anticipate sequels and stuff with popular source material? I guess that makes sense, sort of, but its still pretty stupid, in my opinion. Sure, I get excited about new adaptations of stuff I like, but I'm more likely to anticipate something original from a staff that I respect rather than a sequel or reboot of something that was mediocre at best.
For the record, as much as I would have loved it, I never expected anything to trounce SAO on any poll like this. It actually came out about like I would have expected for the most part, but I am surprised that neither Aldnoah, nor Terror are anywhere on there, not even at 9 or 10.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4