• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, June 22-28

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why Sunrise always needs to release all of their content at the same time.

Jojo had a rather respectable run up till now and did the manga justice but 8k and now 6k for the most popular arc isn´t truly winning. The studio has zip else to do and teased a bit recently but still. Gintama is still trucking though so one can never know. A Steel Ball run anime would be my goal but that is crazy talk... Part 4 is where the manga finally goes Bizarre btw.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
Is it just me, or do women generally tend to care less about video quality?

Shows with a mostly female fanbase still tends to get a lot more DVD sales than gender split/mostly male fanbases.
So it seems like it.

I wonder why that is. It definitely holds true among my friends and family as well. Hmm... I just find it interesting.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh, nice to see OreGairu around 11.5K (including DVD sales). Hope it holds strong...I need a 3rd season.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm worried about JoJo too, can't believe egypt-arc is doing worse than Part 2. Mind you, Part 3 is far from my fav, but everyone remotely familiar to JoJo knows Part 3 is huge in Japan.

Even if we do get Josuke's bizarre slice of life adventures (THAT being my fav part), maybe the budget will decrease as a result of the diminishing numbers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2