• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Lovers Boys-Love TV Anime Unveils Cast, April Debut, Visuals

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I always wanted to see how Genpachi and Shino would do especially in the love triangle with Sousuke. Hopefully this anime fulfills those scenes we never got to see in Hakkenden. I doubt this anime will go all of the way but I hope it pushes the envelope. 2016 is already looking so good and it's almost here.
manapear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:14 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this. I'm glad there's been some BL here and there, but it's nice to see something like this. I'll definitely give it a shot. And thanks to those that summarized! (Especially fencer_x!)

I'll probably try and read the manga, and I need to watch Hakkenden still.
Cloudedmind

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:59 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Thank you fencer_x and RestLessone for elaborating!

From what you've explained, I guess I will at least check it out and decide based on the tone the show takes, i.e. if I feel it's being too "creepy" (for lack of a better word). But I am a bit relieved to know that the first pic is before a time-skip and perhaps not representative of the character design for most of the show.

The character design for Ren, especially that stand alone, is almost certainly post time skip for when he's 13. Ren is short and looks young even for his already young age. It's something his other "brothers" tease him about as he slowly ages in the series. So what you see is what you're going to get.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:30 am Reply with quote
Promo pic looks predatory Laughing
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
Cloudedmind wrote:
poonk wrote:
Thank you fencer_x and RestLessone for elaborating!

From what you've explained, I guess I will at least check it out and decide based on the tone the show takes, i.e. if I feel it's being too "creepy" (for lack of a better word). But I am a bit relieved to know that the first pic is before a time-skip and perhaps not representative of the character design for most of the show.

The character design for Ren, especially that stand alone, is almost certainly post time skip for when he's 13. Ren is short and looks young even for his already young age. It's something his other "brothers" tease him about as he slowly ages in the series. So what you see is what you're going to get.

The art makes him look older IMO.

-------------

Ittoka Otoya va in this, cant wait.
ZorinBlitz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a older man with a young teen. He's magically 18 but doesn't look it right lol. Looks like loli for girls but this is normal for Japan and normally targeted for guys. Its really creepy sorry to shit on your parade everyone. lol
Aisama

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Finally more news! Yeye~

A bit sad that Kamiyan won't be voicing Ren like he did in the BLCD, but I'm very glad to hear they got Junko Minagawa to voice Ren. Her boy voice is a prefect match for Ren moreso than Kamiyan in my opinion, even though Kamiyan did great and have his own charm in the BLCD too. Very Happy

Oh, I'm excited. I can't wait.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Omg!!! Very Happy finally! I love this manga, and seeing it made into an anime is the best thing ever!
Izu0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
The manga is awesome! I can't wait to seethe anime!! So exited!! >.< *explode*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
UtsuhoReiuji

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
ZetaZaku wrote:
So this is like a TV version of Papa to Kiss in the Dark? They aren't that crazy to do lewd stuff with that 8 year old kid right?

And because this is BL, the fujoshis will go crazy and defend the pedophile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2