• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rewrite Anime Confirms Return of Game Cast With Video, Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dian Z

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Just want to make sure, for those who have played the VN... how many routes are there in the VN? I suppose 5, since there are 5 girls featured in the visual?
And the 5 girls are the first 5 names listed in the cast info?
Juhachi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
So it's just like Little Busters then?

Not really. spoiler[Whereas LB was a time loop, Rewrite has to do with parallel universes/timelines that converge at the end.]

Dian Z wrote:
how many routes are there in the VN?

Technically 7, but you could easily say 6 because spoiler[the last two routes both revolve around the main heroine Kagari.]
Irru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Irru wrote:
Without spoilers, this will be a hard thing to adapt without doing it as an omnibus style.

Just wondering, what does this even mean? For me, an omnibus is just a bigger collection of a manga, usually meaning that they release a fatter book with 2-3 volumes worth of content. So, I'm not sure what the format would mean when put towards an anime...40 minute episodes?

Because if they want to stay true to the ending of certain routes, it's literally impossible to connect it to other routes.

This isn't from the VN, but let's say in Route A, girl B dies. And in Route B, girl A dies.

Stuff like this makes it impossible without time resetting. And 'skipping routes' isn't an option for reasons I won't tell you.
AspiringStar23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting for this for a long time, but now that it's coming, I have SEVERE mixed feelings here. I want it, but at the same time I feel like it'll be garbage. The only show in my opinion that 8-bit succeeded with was Tokyo Ravens, which took a while but soon picked up.

This is one VN where they have to be very very careful with. Omnibus style is obviously the way to go for this, but I feel like they won't do that, since of all the anime I've seen, there were only about 3 or 4 that were omnibus (should be more honestly, since every ship wins but whateves)

And even if they DO do omnibus, they have to direct the routes right. They have to take out the right things and leave in the right things.

After what they did with Grisaia, I just don't see a good adaptation. I PRAY that I'm wrong here.

I know this'll be visually stunning, so art and animation isn't where my problem is. Just how this'll be directed, since the director IS the one who did Grisaia.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
AspiringStar23 wrote:
I've been waiting for this for a long time, but now that it's coming, I have SEVERE mixed feelings here. I want it, but at the same time I feel like it'll be garbage. The only show in my opinion that 8-bit succeeded with was Tokyo Ravens, which took a while but soon picked up.

This is one VN where they have to be very very careful with. Omnibus style is obviously the way to go for this, but I feel like they won't do that, since of all the anime I've seen, there were only about 3 or 4 that were omnibus (should be more honestly, since every ship wins but whateves)

And even if they DO do omnibus, they have to direct the routes right. They have to take out the right things and leave in the right things.

After what they did with Grisaia, I just don't see a good adaptation. I PRAY that I'm wrong here.

I know this'll be visually stunning, so art and animation isn't where my problem is. Just how this'll be directed, since the director IS the one who did Grisaia.

I think you, and a lot of the other people here it seems, are putting way too much of this on 8-bit. They are respoonsible for the animation of the show, not the writing. You can partially blame Tensho for issues with the scripting, but Visual Art's Kai is also collaborating on that along with the series composition. If the show ends up being a mess due to time constraints, honestly, Visual Arts/Key and Aniplex are mostly to blame, since they are the ones ordering and paying for this show.
Jakerams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
Just want to make sure, for those who have played the VN... how many routes are there in the VN? I suppose 5, since there are 5 girls featured in the visual?
And the 5 girls are the first 5 names listed in the cast info?
spoiler[7] + 1 small miniroute.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:19 pm Reply with quote
MCAL wrote:
Plus it being omnibus is a plot point.

See, to me, an omnibus means something totally different. For me, from what I can gather, it's a little more akin to a anthology, rather than an omnibus. Laughing

Mainly because, to me, an omnibus is just a fatter collection that tells one story, where as an anthology can be interconnected stories, but they can also be independent from others while involving the same characters.

It's going to be interesting to see how they go about it. From what people have said, seems like this really needs to be a long anime adaption. Something like the episode counts stuff like SAO and Log Horizon have gotten in recent times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2