• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Monster Secret/Actually, I Am Manga Has 'Important Announcement' on Thursday

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Storm101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote
yusuke19 wrote:
A season 2 is possible Dvd and Blu-rays are not a factor just Look at Terra Formars.

Terraformars got a live action movie, so I imagine promoting that is the only reason a second season got made. BD sales absolutely do matter for anything that isn't a long-running shounen/toy seller or NHK anime (though Noragami still has me stumped, but that's still just one show out of thousands).
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote
yusuke19 wrote:
A season 2 is possible Dvd and Blu-rays are not a factor just Look at Terra Formars.

BD/DVD are indeed a factor and a very important one for late night anime. They aren't the only factor, but when they are this poor, there has to be something to compensate, such as a serious boost in original material sales (manga in this case) that would cause the publisher to step up to fund a greater percentage of the next series.

Income from merchandise licensing is another factor, but I doubt that income was substantial for this series; certainly not enough to compensate for the home video sales shortfall.

Basically, there has to be some company on the production committee that believes, "This could make money for us". It is clear that wouldn't be the company with the rights to publish the discs, so to support the assertion a second series would be made, one needs to answer the question, "Who would benefit?".

Storm101 wrote:

...(though Noragami still has me stumped, but that's still just one show out of thousands).

It had average sales of 4,380 per video volume for the first series, so while it was by no means a shoe-in for a sequel, those sales weren't poor. A significant boost in manga sales could have pushed it over the "finish line", so to speak.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
I've seen some speculate on it being an OVA, but do OVAs usually get this sort of treatment?

Doubt that it'd be a 2nd season, as much as I would welcome one. And, I'm even iffy on it announcing that the series is coming to an end.

Pachinko game? Laughing
Rensie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:55 am Reply with quote
Was a mediocre serie to begin with, i expect an Oav, but important announcements aren't often made for Oavs, movie or second season maybe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2