• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eir Aoi, Jam Project, T.M. Revolution, Oldcodex, Sphere, More to Perform at Anime Expo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
What I mean is that anime fans, from my experiences, tend to be very civil and polite when face-to-face, whereas I've seen a lot of toxicity from anime fans when online.

Other fandoms that fall quite heavily to GIFT that I've encountered both online and off always have a few who are just as nasty in person as they are online. Pretty bad with Sonic the Hedgehog fans. I've seen plenty with Pokémon and Smash Bros. as well.
senketsumatoi

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Anyone think it's shady that AX "accidentally" has more premier fan badges available after the guest announcements were made?

Very shady indeed...I'm more shocked that people have shelled out $375 for said passes; I last had one two years ago and it was $158; it was BARELY worth it then and there's no way it's worth that insane price point now. That's beside the point though I wonder just how many Premier Passes they're selling anyway, the more of those they have the more it negates any advantage of shorter lines and all that,

That said, I've been hyped ever since these announcements came out...I haven't been this excited for an AX and specifically any of their concerts since 2010 (May'n/Megumi Nakajima) and 2011 (Hatsune Miku, Kalafina)
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
Travel package announced for Japanese residents:

http://solidvox.jp/cgi/information/index.cgi?no=2081
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:02 am Reply with quote
There's a number of guests coming to AX that I've already seen at other cons previously so the only 3 I'm rather regretting not being able to see, because I won't be able to go, are Yoshitaka Amano, TM Revolution and Luna Haruna. Luna Haruna in particular, whom I would never have guessed would be a musical guest with the popularity of LiSA and all. Personally I think Overfly is the best SAO theme song, and its riot inducing likelihood if she doesn't sing that song at the concert.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2