• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream A Centaur's Life, Classroom of the Elite, Restaurant to Another World, S

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
@dragonrider_cody Keep in mind that Sentai and Crunchyroll did have a working relationship earlier and there may be ( emphasis on may ) existing contractual obligations regarding subsequent series where they previously cooperated. It all makes for strange bedfellows.

Mark Gosdin
Raebo101

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
I'm really disappointed that they got Saiyuki. I would have preferred it be dubbed in the same studio as the others, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

But which studio? ADV dubbed the original show and Bang Zoom dubbed Reload and Gunlock (seasons 2 and 3). If FUNimation simuldubs it, some of the actors could still come back (like Greg Ayres and David Matranga), but who knows which direction FUNi could go with it.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this announcement calms down the mega angry people saying that Sentai and Anime Strike are the most evil things in the world.

jenthehen wrote:
Crossing my fingers that Funi does a simuldub of Centaur's Life!

I am pretty confident it will be simuldubbed. There isn't much worth dubbing from this weak-looking Summer season.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
I'm really disappointed that they got Saiyuki. I would have preferred it be dubbed in the same studio as the others, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Nothing else here I'm interested in.

Now just to wait and hear about the new Hell Girl.

Newsflash bro. ADV and Geneon (s2/S3) are long gone. Unless you consider Sentai as ADV and Universal as Geneon. But Universal doesnt dub anything themselves, they let Funimation do that.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Really hoping for cleanliness boy.

Also really glad they got restaurant.

Honestly i just dont see the hype behind the centaur show but whatever.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
I'm really disappointed that they got Saiyuki. I would have preferred it be dubbed in the same studio as the others, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

But which studio? ADV dubbed the original show and Bang Zoom dubbed Reload and Gunlock (seasons 2 and 3). If FUNimation simuldubs it, some of the actors could still come back (like Greg Ayres and David Matranga), but who knows which direction FUNi could go with it.

ADV Studios, which is now basically Sentai Studios. I'm one of the people who consider the Bang Zoom dub intolerable. The blander script would have been acceptable, if it weren't for the subpar acting and poor casting decisions. I'm a big fan of Bang Zoom, but I consider Saiyuki to be one of their absolute worst dubs.

I know that at least two of the mains will have to be recast regardless, but I'm leery of who Funi will pick, if and when it gets dubbed. Of course, since I don't subscribe to their site, I won't be watching it regardless now.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
I'm really disappointed that they got Saiyuki. I would have preferred it be dubbed in the same studio as the others, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Nothing else here I'm interested in.

Now just to wait and hear about the new Hell Girl.

Newsflash bro. ADV and Geneon (s2/S3) are long gone. Unless you consider Sentai as ADV and Universal as Geneon. But Universal doesnt dub anything themselves, they let Funimation do that.

I didn't say anything in that post about ADV or Geneon dubbing hem, and I'm well aware that both are "technically" gone. Though ADV's recording studio stiller exists, with much of the same staff, and simply goes by Sentai Studios now. Although, ADV does still exist, albeit in name only, and still has the license to some shows, including Ellen Lied.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:

Seriously, what was the point of the CR x Kadokawa deal if Kadokawa-produced anime aren't guaranteed to be on CR? (Made in Abyss, Vatican Miracle Examiner)

That deal has expired.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/04/11-1/crunchyroll-and-kadokawa-announce-strategic-alliance

Quote:
...for KADOKAWA’s slate of upcoming anime titles for the upcoming year,...

While there was some debate at the time (April 2016) if that meant the next year (it didn't, as we saw the effects of it in 2016), the remainder of 2016, or one year from the press release, either of the latter two would mean the agreement would have ended before summer 2017.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In addition, the platform will stream the Japanese dub of Rooster Teeth's anime-style web series RWBY with English subtitles. Crunchyroll has not yet announced the release date.

YES! Now we can watch the Japanese dub since the Japanese DVD/ Blu-Rays of RWBY are very expensive to buy.

i wonder if Crunchyroll will use Roosterteeth's official subtitles or their own since the official subtitles are just transcripts of the english dub. (eg. In the english version, Neon Katt mocks Yang by suggesting she's fat for being "Top Heavy" while in the Japanese version Neon outright calls Yang fat due to her Big Boobs.)[/quote]
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:25 am Reply with quote
Thank god. I planned on watching these.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:02 am Reply with quote
Anime Strike/Sentai Filmworks has"Ballroom e Youkoso", "Koi to Uso", and "Princess Principal". CR has "Isekai Shokudou" and "Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e". That leaves "Hajimete no Gal", "Shoukoku no Altair" "Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni" as the series I plan to watch so far. Seriously, if Anime Strike died out but Sentai kept those simulcasts on Hidive, then I would have more of an incentive to subscribe to Hidive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2