• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Satomi Akesaka to Leave BanG Dream! Franchise Due to Sudden Hearing Loss

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:17 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
In the last 5 days, similar ANN articles include:
"Onsen Musume Replaces Ayaka Imamura With Mayu Yoshioka"
"Voice Actress Yuka Aisaka Goes on Hiatus to Recover Voice"
"DARLING in the FRANXX Anime Replaces Yuichiro Umehara With Daiki Hamano"

Agencies are overworking their talent making a safe hobby an OSHA case. The agencies should stop overworking their talent before more people get hurt or die (we had a lot of premature deaths of seiyuu and other talent in 2016).

Uhm why bring up occupational health and safety administration a part of the us departnent of labor for something jpn related.

Umehara is an autoimmune disease that has some genetic predisposition so it wasnt anything a job could have done.
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
so Roselia will have 2 original members gone. Weren't they the most popular band? That sucks but health of the human is most important.

Yeah, I had just gotten into Bandori like a month ago and Roselia quickly became my favorite band, losing both the VAs for Lisa and Rinko in a year is a terrible thing. Such a shame. But as you said, health is more important and all that.
dragon1412

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:37 am Reply with quote
Personally, it's just occupational hazard, if you go to rock team and ask, you will find it actually quite common to see someone hearing got affected, which i remembered is generally deal with through using plug to ears. But yeah, i think it's less overworking and more of the issues of the music itself
MrBonk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:24 am Reply with quote
Let me tell you something. This shit is serious, if it happens to you. Get an appt ASAP with your primary or go to an Urgent Care. Your chances of just spontaneously recovering 100% of your hearing are not as high as you think.

You will be lucky if you get 100% of your hearing back and if you don't get permanent tinnitus out of it.

People don't realize how fragile the human ear really is, loud sounds are dangerous for you. Working in the performance industry (Any live performance with amplified audio to thousands of attendees)where they regularly blast sounds to obscenely unsafe levels just increases the chance to damage your hearing earlier. The performers get some modicum of protection from isolated and custom made in ear monitors that form a seal around the ear. But those can only do so much, as they have to deal with the amplified audio output in addition to the sounds of the crowd, instruments on stage and their own voice if they are a singer. (Drums are insanely loud btw).

And the companies that manage and put on these performances do not care about the audience's health. Or else they'd be giving out earplugs for free to all attendees and making sure people cannot be seated anywhere near speakers. They are there for your money and money alone.

One 2+ hour performance/concert at constant average levels of 100+dBA might not totally seem to wreck your hearing permanently. Or even seem to do anything at all. But it's only a matter of time and luck (Genetics) until it starts to become noticeable and then it's too late.

Then there's the matter of Tinnitus on top of the hearing loss, or if you are lucky your hearing seems to return to normal after a day or two. But the T does not go away. Enjoy the various blaring noises and tones for the rest of your life! And never get to experience silence ever again.

Protect your ears people. Don't wait until it's too late. You'll regret it for the rest of your life if you enjoy your hearing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2