• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Space Runaway Ideon

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:19 am Reply with quote
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words on my collection!

@Cutiebunny - I would have loved to have gone, but unfortunately Texas is still a bit far from my home in Indiana, and expenses wouldn't have currently allowed it. Maybe one of these days I'll be lucky enough to go to a con with PT staff attending.

@mgosdin - Willow is an adorable and happy kitty in boxes of paper. A cheap way to keep her entertained. Yes, I built all of those mini shelves myself. It's a waste of space to have such deep shelves but only take up one row. But I don't want to completely cover up my back row either, so I started building those shelves several years ago so that I could at least partially display the back row. The removable shelves bow under the weight of two rows of manga, so I keep the back row to manga only and the front row to DVDs/BDs.

@Usagi-kun - What Paul Champagne boxes do you own? I had wanted to buy more at one point, but never got around to it before they stopped making them. Had I bought another one, it probably would have been Magic Knight Rayearth.

@marshmallowpie - Twin Spica is a great series! I'm lucky I started collecting it before it started going OOP. My Rayearth VHS are the only VHS I still have - it was the first series I started collecting, so I'm particularly attached to them. I also have the old MIXX manga volumes of the series, and most of them are falling apart. Despite owning newer versions of the anime and manga, I have a hard time getting rid of those old volumes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Was it good? I heard the creators and the English VA for Mytho hosted a Princess Tutu panel, I'm hoping it gets put on YouTube.

He was there. I ended up going to one of the panels that he shared with the Japanese guests. He didn't talk too much during that panel, but mentioned that he thought that Mytho was one of his most important roles.

I really enjoyed meeting Ikuko Itoh though. She mentioned how embarrassed she was by the quality of her artwork in the 1990s compared to now, and I kept thinking that the sequences that she did in Sailor Moon, from an artistic standpoint, were some of the finest sequences in that anime.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 am Reply with quote
I just notice the Paul Champagne box myself, that brought me back. Personally I have the Evangelion, and Escaflowne boxes and both of the SDF Macross Boxes he made.

These were really cool and they just vanished.
Frosty The DopeMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Have been hearing about this movie for a long time. Yo, I need to pick this up and watch this someday.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2