• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Winter 2019 in Retrospect

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klokei07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Okay, it really bothers me Steve put Miss Ueno (a disgustingly gross really funny show) in the same sentence as Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (a disgustingly gross boring show). Also, how dare you come here and kink-shame my Japanese cartoons. Have a good day, sir.

(Jokes aside, I'm still impressed that the piss drinking episode is one the tamest things that happened in that show)
melmouth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:56 pm Reply with quote
What is with this format? I've been away from ANN for months, and when I clicked on this Winter 2019 in Retrospect, I hoped to find a quick way to pick something good out of the usual dross of the season I mixed.

Instead I find what is apparently some kind of "low-text" representation of a cell-phone or texting convo among the reviewers. Very hard to pick out descriptions, or even names, of individual anime! Perhaps that works for the portion of your readership that follows anime and its shows and this page closely. But for the occasional drop-in, I don't think it's a good idea.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:10 pm Reply with quote
melmouth wrote:
What is with this format? I've been away from ANN for months, and when I clicked on this Winter 2019 in Retrospect, I hoped to find a quick way to pick something good out of the usual dross of the season I mixed.

Instead I find what is apparently some kind of "low-text" representation of a cell-phone or texting convo among the reviewers. Very hard to pick out descriptions, or even names, of individual anime! Perhaps that works for the portion of your readership that follows anime and its shows and this page closely. But for the occasional drop-in, I don't think it's a good idea.

Sounds like you want ANN's "The Best (and worst) Anime of Winter 2019". This is the seasonal retrospective for "This Week in Anime", a new-ish weekly feature that ANN hosts.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:13 am Reply with quote
Seeing Mizushima Tsutomu listed as the director for Kotobuki has made me add it to my queue. His love of aircraft was made clear in SHIROBAKO and its spin-off OVA, Third Aerial Girls Squadron.

https://youtu.be/XiK6QBkV0gU
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I take it none of the four read Kaguya-sama's manga? Because otherwise there's no way nobody would step out to defend Ishigami. He is precious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2