• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toonami Premieres gen:LOCK Animated Series on August 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amibite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:22 am Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
This acquisition is a case of corporate synergy. Thanks to AT&T's purchase of Time Warner, Adult Swim and Rooster Teeth have both been put into the same entertainment umbrella. And unlike how Warner Bros operated previously, where corporate synergy was openly shunned and the different branches were encouraged to compete with each other, AT&T wants these companies they own to play ball with each other. Hence Crunchyroll co-producing anime with Adult Swim and Rooster Teeth getting one of their shows on Toonami.

Plus, it's not like this was your only hope of getting MP100 S2 on Toonami. There are quite literally half a dozen other slots opening on the block between now and the end of the year, and only one other show (Demon Slayer) announced. That means five other opportunities for whatever anime you might want to get a chance.

Yes. This is a business move for Warner who recently acquired Otter Media, nothing more. A couple insiders I talk to mentioned gen:LOCK under-performed so this is most likely to try to help boost its popularity.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:04 am Reply with quote
Of course it underperformed, its premieres were locked under the Rooster Teeth First/VRV service. They only got to Crunchyroll when the season was over.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
James_xeno wrote:
Ughh.. Well it was nice to have toonami back while it lasted.. When... "stuff" like this starts getting put on it pretty much means we are near the end. Though I guess we could hold out a little hope given the nature of the current situation it's in with the funi stooges.. -_-

Well Toonami has stated before that it’s an action block, not just an anime block soooo......... Heheh people & their doomsaying. Laughing

not to mention that ain't even the first non anime for Toonami, the old days we had the DC animated universe aired on their and after the revival they aired reruns of the cancelled Thundercats remake, Sym Bionic titan, and beware the Batman. plus Samurai jack aired it's final season on the block
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2