• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Fire Emblem Game Heads to Switch on December 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DopeyDragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:17 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
for some reason instead they're localizing the original NES version of a game they remade all the way back in 2008. What's not to understand?

What game do you think this anniversary is celebrating? Just want to check to make sure.
RenRen94

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:34 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
RenRen94 wrote:

Wow, way to sound elitist. Recommendations are helpful, but try not to come across as a jerk about it.

You're reading way too much into what I said. Try to imagine if you will never having played the Super Mario Bros. games and to start off you play the original game as opposed to 3 or Super Mario World where they overhauled a number of aspects and made the games all around better.

That'd come off as a janky experience wouldn't it?

If it was something I wanted to do, then not really.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:

I played super Mario world before I ever got to play SMB back in the day and never really felt either were bad. Both had their ups and downs and were fun to play.

Well Super Mario World as I mentioned was a better developed game so of course it wouldn't be seen as bad game in retrospect, especially as it was following on the strong formula that it's predecessor built.

DopeyDragon wrote:

What game do you think this anniversary is celebrating? Just want to check to make sure.

SDATBOL originally came out in April of 1990, this rerelease is coming out in December.

Aren't you traditionally supposed to celebrate the anniversary of something on the date it happened? Which of course would be a problem considering the cut-off date for this version of the game
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2