• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Ninja Resurrection

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:07 am Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

A lot of things are discussed, but for most people, the most important subject is “Are Bethesda games going to be multiplatform going forward?” To which Phil Spencer basically answered “Well, sort of” and dodged giving specifics. To quote:

"We have games that exist on other platforms, and we're going to support those games on the platforms they're on…There are communities of players. We love those communities and will continue to invest in them. And even in the future, there might be things that have either contractual things, or legacy on different platforms, that we'll go do… But if you're an Xbox customer, the thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists."

Whenever dealing with issues regarding Xbox, the first question people should think about is no longer "How is this going to affect the Series X|S?" but rather "How is this going to affect Game Pass?"

People gotta stop thinking that "Game Pass serves to assist the Series X|S" - but the other way around: "the Series X|S serves to assist Game Pass"

In terms of Tour de France, Game Pass is the team leader, the Series X|S is the domestiques (supports)

Heck, didn't take them long at all to add 20 Zenimax / Bethesda games to Game Pass Laughing

Also of interesting note, Game Pass is already working (beta) on a web browser as a bypass to Apple's iOS and iPadOS restriction, but that also means for the first time on any device that can use a browser, including PCs and Xbox. (Sony knew this was coming - maybe why they killed the Playstation web browser?)

And since other platforms like Google Stadia or Steam also works on browsers..... ya see where this is going. And since there are now Sony games on Steam.......... so guess what? Sony games -> Steam -> browser -> Xbox. Ya can play Sony games on Xbox Very Happy

https://youtu.be/tSRXH6FgK8s

OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:10 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
OtherSideofSky wrote:

I enjoyed the 3DS Senran Kagura games, but the series definitely lost me as it went on. The first one was kind of charming because it clearly had ambitions to be dramatic as well as fanservice, but it got sillier and sillier over time and became more generic and less interesting as a result. It doesn't help that the gameplay of the fully 3D ones just isn't as polished as it needs to be at this point.

If we're being fair the 3DS games weren't all that polished themselves.

The first one in particular feels very thrown together, yeah, although it benefits from beat-em-ups being a lot scarcer at the time it released. The second one was a huge step up technically. The fully 3D ones' core gameplay never dramatically improved, and combined with a less and less substantial story, I stopped feeling any motivation to buy new ones. It doesn't help that the competition for both 2D and 3D beat-em-ups has improved a lot in the meantime. And the less said about the spinoffs, the better.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:29 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
People cared. They just knew it wouldn't have made a difference in the end as the game had already gone to market so they didn't speak up about it. I'm only acknowledging this now considering it's already been years after the fact and the dust has settled.

Judging by the feedback I've seen of surrounding this new game what few people still complain about Reshelled (for some reason) do not list the voice acting as one of the chief complaints about the game, Even other TMNT games that came out afterwards that weren't based on any of the animated stuff didn't use the original voices actors .

Unlike most of Transformers games which almost always use some of the surviving and still active cast from the 80's cartoon.

KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Exactly! And 4Kids didn't feel it was worth the extra time and effort to get Cam Clarke, Rob Paulsen, Townsend Coleman, and Barry Gordon back to reprise their roles which was typical of their business practices and the audience was expected to deal with it all the same.

Their audience which consisted largely of new and semi older TMNT fans with little or no attachment to the original series?

Plus as Beatdigga said voice acting was the least at the special's issues (and I don't think the portrayal of the 87's turtles was among the legit issues with the special either).

KabaKabaFruit wrote:

As for the Revenge of Shredder game itself, I'm hyped for it but I'm hoping that it will hold the same charm that Turtles in Time held. The TMNT games were fantastic in the beat-em-up genre and I would love to see if Revenge of Shredder will be worthy to take its place among Turtles In Time and Hyperstone Heist.

Hyperstone heist is just a somewhat wonkier and cheaper version of Turtles In Time.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
You could tell that the developers had zero craps to give about Avatar, but a healthy reverence for Transformers.

Well, considering Avatar only was halfly dubbed to Japanese, while Korra was never dubbed there, while Transformers is a Japanese franchise...
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:20 pm Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
You could tell that the developers had zero craps to give about Avatar, but a healthy reverence for Transformers.

Well, considering Avatar only was halfly dubbed to Japanese, while Korra was never dubbed there, while Transformers is a Japanese franchise...

Devastation is also a much smoother game, with more graphical polish, far better acting, and way deeper cuts in the lore. Half of the bosses use powers and abilities that were only mentioned in file cards and the old roll call books Marvel made, Shockwave in particular.

They aren’t comparable. But it served as proof to me that Platinum needs to care about your license to give it their all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2