• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saga of Tanya the Evil Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah.
PseudoFiction

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:35 pm Reply with quote
hope we get more ridiculous magic flying equipment, if the Brits use brooms, the Norwegians use skis and the French use knight chess pieces, what do Americans and Russians use?
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
Blood- as for the light novels the first season and movie cover you'll have to read the first 4 books. But the light novels are a little different and omit certain things they added to the Anime but they definitely worth reading even though they take forever to release them at a rate of 3 books a year if you lucky now it's every 6 months.
Except the first season only adapted volumes 1 and 2, and the movie is only very loosely based on volume 4 - so considering the adaptation speed, the second season can cover exactly the same volumes 5-7 that are already translated by YP.
xerox-guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Why did they skip adapting volume 3?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:01 pm Reply with quote
PseudoFiction wrote:
hope we get more ridiculous magic flying equipment, if the Brits use brooms, the Norwegians use skis and the French use knight chess pieces, what do Americans and Russians use?

You clearly haven't watched the movie that's still streaming on crunchyroll lol
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
Well if the DOJ/Antitrust and Sony thing goes well. Is Crunchyroll will letting Funimation dub the movie in english and dub the S2 ?

I would imagine if things went well that yes Funimation would be able to dub the movie with little to no issues.
VerQuality

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:01 pm Reply with quote
While I'm excited, I'm curious how they'll adapt the material for this series. Thematically, it feels a lot like Tanya spins it wheels a lot after the first few novels - but they did a good job with the series and the movie keeping it seem like there was at least a bit more going on under the hood beyond surface things happening.
cannonfodder4000

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Will they fix the character designs and make it look more like the manga? probably not
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:51 pm Reply with quote
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Will they fix the character designs and make it look more like the manga? probably not

Why would they? It’s an adaptation of the light novel series. The manga is a separate adaptation. They don’t have to match.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I kind of gave up on expecting Tanya to get a second season simply because of how many years have gone by since the first season ended. So this is quite the pleasant surprise. The only isekai from Isekai Quartet to not have a second season is finally getting it's due!
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Crunchyroll has had a stick up their you know what for awhile in regards to cooperating with past licenses funimation dubbed for them. Unless it was a previously joint license with funimation they aren't bothering with them to dub a second season of various shows. Its sad really.

Crunchy probably wouldn't have no problems. Its their Warner overlords who only did it after Sony of America acquired Funi who tore that agreement up... or was it Sony who did the tearing? Question
cannonfodder4000

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:25 pm Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
Why would they? It’s an adaptation of the light novel series. The manga is a separate adaptation. They don’t have to match.

Thanks I actually meant the light novel not the manga.
Light novel has gorgeous art idk why they changed it.

"But they had to simplify the art style to make the characters easy to animate"
You can make characters easy to animate while still making them recognizable and true to the original. Anime does that all the time.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:44 pm Reply with quote
All I can say it that it's about goddamn time!! Why they had to wait so long is beyond me.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:38 pm Reply with quote
olgita wrote:
The only isekai anime that I actually watched from start to finish and had a good time Laughing Probably gonna watch second season, why not!

I guess Overlord didn't do it for you.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
This announcement made my weekend.

Mine too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3