• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Announces Rick and Morty: The Anime, Ninja Kamui Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Heh, remember this

Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I guess this Ninja Kamui announcement pretty much confirms Sunghoo Park won't direct the second season of Jujutsu Kaisen, as many feared after he founded a new studio. Bummer.

As for the Rick and Morty anime, I haven't been impressed with any of the shorts Adult Swim has released so far, so I don't have any high hopes for this full-length series. Despite what I perceive as a creative decline in the last two seasons, I still find the original show incredibly inventive and clever, and that kind of writing is not easy to replicate.
Mirko The Bunny Gamer

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
Demarco announce that Rick and Morty anime will not get english dub with the OG cast. i dont know what is the reason , why aired an subbed anime/shows on Toonami ? i rather had Toonami AT&T and Warner tried to renegotiate with Crunchyroll so Toonami can aired more anime dubs just like Toonami LATAM.

I Wonder the same...shorts are one thing but a 10 episode series being subtitled is something i think would be harder to accept on toonami

as for doing deals with crunchyroll that seems to be easier said than done

toonami's budget isn't that great and having so much control of the anime distribution market means toonami needs sony more than sony needs them

without sony appearing at the table...toonami's left relying on originals reruns and whatever they can get from sentai/viz

sentai's questionable because they were bought out by amc and we still don't know what amc plans to do with them
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 2:53 am Reply with quote
A "Rick and Morty" anime. I'm surprised they're actually doing this. I don't know why. I never watch the show anyway. I don't know why I should watch this,even if it were an anime. It's not really my thing. I'm sorry if it offends some people,but that's how it is.

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Mon May 23, 2022 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:29 am Reply with quote
The creator of Afro Samurai is Takashi Okazaki. The article either A) gets this wrong and links to the wrong person, or B) gets it right and incorrectly credits one Okazaki with the other Okazaki's works.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 6:43 am Reply with quote
^The first name in the article is a typo and should be fixed.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:05 am Reply with quote
Somehow I totally missed this until it came up in a new article elsewhere. Ninja Kamui sounds great with that staff. Park's great action and Okazaki's stylish designs sound like a great match for this.

Vaisaga wrote:
Ninja Kamui sounds like it's just a Ninja Slayer knockoff. Hopefully it's at least half as fun as Ninja Slayer was.

Haha, glad to see three of us remember that, that's the show I was totally thinking of reading the setup Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2