• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girlfriend, Girlfriend Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepepin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
You know with so many polyamory plots like this in many manga, hentai and other series and japan's decline in birth rate, sometimes i wonder if Japanese Creators and the goverment are secretly working together to make polygamy more socially acceptable and later legal at some point in the future.

yeah i know i sound like a wish fulfilling conspiracy theorist nut case. Anime hyper

Im just sayin ... Razz

How often is there actual polyamory in anime and manga? Most "harem" anime is so in name only ... the MC nearly always only actually picks one girl (or guy in reverse harems) or chooses to stay single. This work is unique in its depiction of a guy dating multiple girls (something that is, er, unremarkable IRL and in media in the west BTW, and the same is true of girls dating multiple guys ... I have no idea what the state of modern network TV but in times past it regularly depicted characters juggling different guys/girls until they "committed" to one partner which was always depicted as a massive development with tons of lead-up, inevitably followed by either marriage or a dramatic split) and would have no reason to exist otherwise.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes! Watched it subbed and currently watching each week as it gets dubbed and loving it even more!
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:49 pm Reply with quote
"It's in!" I mean, it's on! Another season that is. Great news. Can't wait to watch another season continuing past where I've read =D

Yune Amagiri wrote:
Nice i was kind of expecting it before the end of this year, i wouldn't mind a sequel for Aho Girl too, I don't think that will happen though.

It'd be great if that could happen too. Maybe this one will do so well they'll pick up another season?... Probably not, but it'd be nice Smile
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I thought the jokes didn't work as well as they did in the manga, but I guess this is pretty good news.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:49 am Reply with quote
The only thing I don't like about this anime is the male lead dub VA. I don't know if the Japanese VA sounds so awfull bad as well but the English voice is off putting. Other than that my girlfriend and I have good laughs about the ridiculously plot that doesn't make sense whatsover. We are like " What? REALLY?"
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:22 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
The only thing I don't like about this anime is the male lead dub VA. I don't know if the Japanese VA sounds so awfull bad as well but the English voice is off putting. Other than that my girlfriend and I have good laughs about the ridiculously plot that doesn't make sense whatsover. We are like " What? REALLY?"

I don't like the dub. Sure, the dialogue is funny and the deliveries are funny but Saki's voice doesn't fit her at all; it's WAY too deep and she sounds like a dude.

Take my advice, watch the sub only. Every Japanese VA is fantastic in it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2