• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: PlayStation Plus Service Raises Prices for Annual Subscription Tiers on September 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsilver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:54 pm Reply with quote
They've gotten too much in subscription fees from me already. I cancelled the renewal once I saw this.

I barely even use my Playstation, and PS+ was mostly used to back up my saves when I might want to roll them back before trying something risky, like before going to fight Henryk in case Eileen died in my annual replay of Bloodborne.
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:28 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
Uh, sure. That is at least the narrative that companies have been going with all while they make record profits. It's also pretty unlikely that any costs that Sony has in running PS+ jumped by 33%.

And this price hike is global, not just one country (even deflation-plagued Japan)

And they want to maintain those profit margins against their expenses. Lower returns on investment risks stocks falling as investors look elsewhere.

Also , while other territories may not be suffering from inflation, Sony's majority revenue is in US dollars. And the Yen can lose value in other ways depending on demand due to trade/interest rates/consumer spending/GDP, or simply rising energy costs. Currently the Yen continues to decline as the currency has increasingly low demand.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I still haven’t gotten a convincing reason to buy a PS5 when most new games on it you can buy on other consoles or PC.
Beowulf47

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:49 pm Reply with quote
PC gaming FTW baby!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2