• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haganai (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the art is very Denpa Onna. Of course anything that reminds me of Touwa Meme is a wonderful wonderful thing. I also enjoyed the back and forth between Yozora and Sena. Not sure Tomo-chan will be happy with having to fight for Yozora's attention now. Laughing I'm not completely sold but I'll be checking the next few eppies out.
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
killmyself wrote:
I just hope this doesn't turn into a romantic comedy

Of course it will.

Frankly, I lost hope around the point where we sat through yet another breast size insult argument. CAUSE THAT'S HOW WOMEN INTERACT, RIGHT GAIZ?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2 was good. I like how they are not rushing the show by introducing the other casts in the first 2 episodes. Its funny how both Sena and Yozora both agreed upon the choices of the visual novel game they were playing. Man does Kodaka have it rough, he can't even ask for a trade without looking like a villian lol.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Laughing This is definetly my pick of the season, the gaming element was rather fun, instead of bringing them together it made them at each other's throat more. They were both really as bad as the other. And then the dating sim, where they actually agreed with what to do, but they were all bad choices. I knew they would choose choice number 3, kind of reminds me of Oreimo. I can't get over them both calling the sweet innocent character a a slutty b!*$h, I am not sure if it was just jab at the falacies of the games, or why neither of them makes friends.

About the names of the characters in the galge, there were some obvious allusions:a quiet bookworm with glasses called Nagata Yukiko, seems to be an obvious reference to Nagato Yuki. Though perhaps with a bit of Nagisa of Clannad, since the other character's name was Fujibayashi, a reference to Kyou and Ryou of the same series.

It is rather interesting that they did not introduce another female character, there are some hints about the male lead's sister, and a shadowy figure spying. Funnily enough I can sympathise with the characters in this show, I have never really been big on having friends, and I can understand disliking having people looking down on you. Also of note my thought on the increase of co-op and multiplater games.
Veers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, episode one wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Boob insulting is funny for a minute, which is thankfully about as far as they ran with that. Episode was entertaining in a "man, these kids are pathetic" kind of way. If banter stays good, I'll keep watching.

Nosferatu21 wrote:
Yeah, the art is very Denpa Onna. Of course anything that reminds me of Touwa Meme is a wonderful wonderful thing. I also enjoyed the back and forth between Yozora and Sena. Not sure Tomo-chan will be happy with having to fight for Yozora's attention now. Laughing I'm not completely sold but I'll be checking the next few eppies out.

wrote:
Yes both shows were made by the same person
Uh, no. Denpa was written by Iruma Hitoma while haganai is by Hirasaka Yomi. Denpa was animated by SHAFT while haganai is by AIC Build. What the two do have in common is original art by the same character designer (apologies if any NSFW in there, my account has filters set up).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Sooooooo ... think we'll ever find out why the male lead goes around with his pants rolled up and wearing what look like girl's shoes?
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
So far its following the manga pretty closely from what I recall. Still I found the manga a little funnier, maybe the delivery seems a bit off? Or maybe its just because its my second time seeing some of these jokes? Anyways there will be more references to other anime and other stuff if the show keeps following the manga. I'm not sure if some of the fan-servicy stuff in the opening is necessary, but I'll definitely give it a few more episodes to see where its going.
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Sooooooo ... think we'll ever find out why the male lead goes around with his pants rolled up and wearing what look like girl's shoes?

All hip styles have to start somewhere. Maybe he has great calves that he wants to show off to his new lady friends.

I'm sold on this show. It has its own little charm about it with all the misifits ganging together. Watching them call that girl a "slutty bitch" immediately and then choose option 3 was priceless. Yozora is a babe and Kodaka needs to realize it now.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Maybe he is just being prepared in case it floods. I mean sure his feet and calves will be wet, but his pants will be nice and dry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:34 pm Reply with quote
The way he dresses makes me curious as well because if you remember last episode, when he arrived at school for the first time he had his pants rolled down and boy shoes. Maybe he thinks it'll soften his image if he looks strange? Although, in reality, he'll be seen more as a rebel, which would cause the exact opposite reaction he wants.

I have to wait for the second episode of Ben-to tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure this is my favorite show of the season so far. Of course, Ben-to holds a lot of promise along with Future Diary, but this show has a lot of charm, like Nosferatu21 mentioned. Plus, it's funny and includes a lot snappy banter, which i love.

I was wobbly on preordering the nendos that came out a little while back because I didn't know how much I'd like the show and the characters, but I'm leaning pretty hard on getting them now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
This show... is a lot more entertaining than I was expecting it to be. I like that while the lead male isn't being treated all that ideally, he's at least not being abused as eph by the girls. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for female-rivalry in stories, I can't really explain why, I'm just drawn to it (I blame you two, Ayeka and Ryoko!!), and this show is already ripe with it. Also, it serves as a current example of the opposite of what I was complaining about back in the R-15 thread about these harem(like) shows overcrowding themselves with way too many girls all at once. This show is introducing them slowly, one at a time, letting us acclimate to them individually. I expect they'll be one or two new members to the club in the next couple of episodes. I admit, I'm curious about the lolli-nun.

I also particularly loved the bit with the gal-game! They were actually having serious debates over which girl to go for and what choice to make. spoiler["She's acting too friendly to someone she doesn't know, she probably says that to all the guys!"] All while the guy is just head-in-hands at how seriously the two girls are taking the game.

I likey. And I'm glad it's part of the Funico launch so I won't have to go fansub hunting to watch more. My hardrive is already clogged enough as it is...
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I LOLed so hard in the first scene. All of Yozora's profanities were hilarious. Then when Sena had to read the dialouges was also funny. Kodaka's sister is introduced and you can easily tell she has a brother complex. She had no shame spoiler[running scared to him while being nake]. It was fun watching Kodaka activate delinquent mode.

So Yozora and Kodada have spoiler[met as a child but only Yozora knows because Kodaka thought the person was a boy lol]
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:36 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Kodaka's sister is introduced and you can easily tell she has a brother complex. She had no shame spoiler[running scared to him while being naked].

Wow, I'm thinking it was a smart move for me to not bother with this one.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote
TheSwedishElf wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Kodaka's sister is introduced and you can easily tell she has a brother complex. She had no shame spoiler[running scared to him while being naked].

Wow, I'm thinking it was a smart move for me to not bother with this one.

Well it isn't a incest anime if you are thinking that... Give it a try and you will probably love it. It is a very witty anime.
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:23 am Reply with quote
I tried two episodes and that was more than enough. I didn't find it witty or remotely interesting, and I can tell how it's gonna turn out anyway. And I wasn't thinking "incest anime", just "that's a bit creepy".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 25