• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4 Anime Rank Among Top 40 Shows on Hulu in U.S.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quote
Saturn wrote:
This is a really interesting article. I mean, I'm not surprised which series are the ones among the highest ranked, but it was still enlightening to read about their approach to viewers (looking for "one show that a million people love to death" rather than a show that 20 million kind of like). Hulu is definitely my go-to for online programming, so that makes me kind of happy.
Also interesting to see Adult Swim's view on anime.. I always wondered why they bothered. At the same time, they have one new series like... every year or two... so that's not really "edgy" anymore huh? xD

I am just going to just say it, I am just glad that AS even airs anime these days. Hard to believe, but next year will be the sixth year I've been watching Bleach on AS. Let me tell you, times have really changed on that network.

While It's great to see One Piece on that, the only means I have to watch that series are through Funimation Channel and or the DVD's. Which is fine with me, although it would be cool to see it on AS, but the chances of that are about the chances of seeing Case Closed back on AS. Not very good to say the least. But at least I have Durarara for the time being and for a while had Kekkashi before it concluded.

Enurtsol: Although not always the case, there have been some decently made episodes of that series. The episode where Brian did the Rick Roll and Peter did the Bird is the word, is one of the very rare few these days.
Saturn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:28 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Saturn wrote:
This is a really interesting article. I mean, I'm not surprised which series are the ones among the highest ranked, but it was still enlightening to read about their approach to viewers (looking for "one show that a million people love to death" rather than a show that 20 million kind of like). Hulu is definitely my go-to for online programming, so that makes me kind of happy.
Also interesting to see Adult Swim's view on anime.. I always wondered why they bothered. At the same time, they have one new series like... every year or two... so that's not really "edgy" anymore huh? xD

I am just going to just say it, I am just glad that AS even airs anime these days. Hard to believe, but next year will be the sixth year I've been watching Bleach on AS. Let me tell you, times have really changed on that network.

Oh, absolutely. I appreciate them for airing anime, though I really don't watch much of it anymore (I didn't have tv for most of the time they were airing FMA:B so I watched it on Hulu, and their other shows don't interest me-- other than DRRR!, which I can't really jump into this far in), but I'd like more variety of course.
Something that's always made me sad is that because they blew it with a shoujo/bishonen dud in their fledgling days with Candidate for Goddess, they've resolutely avoided trying it again. I honestly think something like, say, Vampire Knight might actually have worked in recent years. A lot of girls watch AS, vampires are/were HUGE, sappy romance and whatever.

Charred Knight, I had no idea Kekkaishi did well! That's good to hear I suppose, though I thought it was crazy boring :p
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2