• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Movie to be Announced in Newtype Mag

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Ugh...I'd been reveling in the idea that all of these "zomg new e7 stuffz" pseudo-rumors were so much bull for months now. So much for that. I utterly adored the series, and I think the ending to it is just about as perfect as any anime series' ending can be. In my mind, adding anything else, especially if it's some sort of "alternate universe" weirdness, is just a huge mistake.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this movie is going to be somewhat like the Escaflowne movie, where they rework the premise and characters into a different version of the story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
melonbread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Original story! Score!

If this is like the FMA movie was for FMA, then I can't wait.

Bones love.
zetsuie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
this is the best news all year. I've been waiting for almost two years for a movie
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
melonbread wrote:
Original story! Score!

If this is like the FMA movie was for FMA, then I can't wait.

Bones love.

No, cause the FMA movie was a sequel to the series, not a remake. It seems like this will be more like the Rahxephon movie, a retelling of the story.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Ugh...I'd been reveling in the idea that all of these "zomg new e7 stuffz" pseudo-rumors were so much bull for months now. So much for that. I utterly adored the series, and I think the ending to it is just about as perfect as any anime series' ending can be. In my mind, adding anything else, especially if it's some sort of "alternate universe" weirdness, is just a huge mistake.

Yeah, pretty much my sentiments exactly. At least with a retelling "alternate universe" kind of movie we can take solace in the fact that as an alternate universe we can safely ignore it with no bearing to the mythos we actually cared about in the event it sucks, since they're technically separate anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote
No matter how much I try, I can't even think about how they could possibly make a sequel that measures up to the original story.

If it's an alternate telling of some kind, I hope it includes the kids on the Japanese Volume 13 DVD box art (who appear to be half-Coralian, half-human, and seem to resemble Eureka and Renton).
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Yay Very Happy . Very happy this will actually be made. I agree with everyone's sentiments. The worst case scenario would definitely be the recap version, but it basically sounds like it will be new material, so that's encouraging.
parakiss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I though the end was ok. but I hope the movie does a little more story telling about anemone a little bit more. The tv series just did have enough about here. they had some ep.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
i hope that it not like most anime movie that where tv shows nothing but a clips
drakenfyre75

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quote
ok maybe I really missed something on this, but didn't Newtype stop printing at least in the US???? if so how can this new be released in the May issue???
malik_chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quote
drakenfyre75 wrote:
ok maybe I really missed something on this, but didn't Newtype stop printing at least in the US???? if so how can this new be released in the May issue???

Well, the news came from 2chan, which is a Japanese message board, so it's probably going to be in the Newtype magazine in Japan, because that one hasn't stopped printing as far as I know.
drakenfyre75

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
drakenfyre75 wrote:

Well, the news came from 2chan, which is a Japanese message board, so it's probably going to be in the Newtype magazine in Japan, because that one hasn't stopped printing as far as I know.

ok that makes sense thanks Very Happy
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quote
*changes his underwear after reading headline*
Ah that's better.
Anyway. YYEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! My favorite series ever. I honestly didn't think it was popular enough to warrant a movie, but I'm all for it.

I'm not sure how to interpret the "new mythos" part. Either some sidestory/sequel within the universe of the series (maybe filling in the spoiler[year that Eureka and Renton were gone for at the end of the series] or possibly about the two kids on the cover of the last volume. This would be nice.
OR, it could be pulling an Escaflowne, which I would love. But then again, I think I'm in a very small minority in my love for the Escaflowne movie.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
If it's a re-imagining or a sequel, I can dig it. If it's little more than a rehash of the series with new art, I'm not so sure. It depends on how much it adds.

Though I liked the series, I'm not insanely happy about a movie. (I'm waiting on box sets for the series.) I thought the series was solid and very good, so I have trouble figuring out what more they can do that would be worth getting a movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4