• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Kodomo Manga's Live-Action Film in September

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Releasing a movie based on a manga about a pregnant prepubescent girl only a few months after a guy who raped children for a hobby got executed. I love Japan. Rolling Eyes
Nermal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Interesting...it's kinda like the "7 minute abs" idea from There's Something About Mary. Next year, there will be an even more shocking story about a 9-year-old who gets pregnant, and her name will probably be Kokonoe. Now I'm just waiting for the manga about immaculate conception.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
I want to read this as well. It seems like it could be a good story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hellfish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:45 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Though it is incredibly weird for an 11 year old to be able to that "physically prepared" to be pregnant, this is minute compared to a 5 year old getting pregnant. I swear this is true and it is the youngest verified age of a girl/woman getting pregnant.

There are many girls who have their first period at 9, and huge number at 12 so is not as weird. Still is kind of sad to be pregnant that young... you are simply not prepared for maternity at that age in any way.
The news article picked my curiosity.
Pero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:01 am Reply with quote
It could be that the little girl misheard the teacher and got confused, or perhaps the teacher is a person who thinks sex is wrong and to prevent the kids from doing anything stupid the teacher described them a situation where something bad may happen if you do such a thing, like; hair would grow in your palms if you touch yourself or you will get pregnant if you hug someone. Probably Haruna thought she was pregnant because of one of the descriptions she heard and the plot revolves around what she is going to do, then she learns about sex and understands she is not pregnant. (a story about naive children)

Well that is a possibility we will have to wait and see... or read
therealssjlink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:13 am Reply with quote
Pero wrote:
It could be that the little girl misheard the teacher and got confused, or perhaps the teacher is a person who thinks sex is wrong and to prevent the kids from doing anything stupid the teacher described them a situation where something bad may happen if you do such a thing, like; hair would grow in your palms if you touch yourself or you will get pregnant if you hug someone. Probably Haruna thought she was pregnant because of one of the descriptions she heard and the plot revolves around what she is going to do, then she learns about sex and understands she is not pregnant. (a story about naive children)

Well that is a possibility we will have to wait and see... or read

Well, if you look at the manga covers you can see her pregnant and the final volume shows her holding a child.
tebalith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:26 am Reply with quote
Well, the simple fact that some people here find it weird that an eleven years old girl could get pregnant shows that a lot of education and awareness on the topic is sorely needed.
Neito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quote
tebalith wrote:
Well, the simple fact that some people here find it weird that an eleven years old girl could get pregnant shows that a lot of education and awareness on the topic is sorely needed.
It depends on how you define "weird".
If by "weird", you mean "I didn't think that was possible", then maybe.
However, if by "weird" you mean "this is disturbing", then I'll have to disagree with you on that.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:07 am Reply with quote
Isn't this a little too adult to be adapted into a movie?
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

Obviously not.

Have you heard about this movie called Juno. It's about a teenage girl who got pregnant and had a baby. It was really big in the U.S. Almost won an award or two, I hear.
Yeah, Juno was a few years older, but my point is that if the subject is the girl coping with the coming baby, rather than the conception of the baby, there's the possibility for a good story that goes beyond shock value.
SeinenAi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
FireChick wrote:

Obviously not.

Have you heard about this movie called Juno. It's about a teenage girl who got pregnant and had a baby. It was really big in the U.S. Almost won an award or two, I hear.
Yeah, Juno was a few years older, but my point is that if the subject is the girl coping with the coming baby, rather than the conception of the baby, there's the possibility for a good story that goes beyond shock value.

Actually it did win an award or 2 lol.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Frankly I'm amazed that 11 year old kids can even 'figure it out,' because personally I was clueless at that age.
Vampireseal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I can't imagine what possesses an 11 yr old to even think of performing sexual acts. Most girls I grew up with were grossed out when they first heard of sex. The more I read of middle schoolers having sex, the more I wonder what it is that's changing in the minds of children.

It's said that children are entering into puberty into a younger age now. (as well as dogs and cats--they go into their first heat about a month earlier than 15 years ago). Whether its due to growth hormones in food is debatable, but this is a topic that needs to be examined, not hidden in a closet and avoided.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Frankly I'm amazed that 11 year old kids can even 'figure it out,' because personally I was clueless at that age.

It's called the "internet" and a surprising number of 11 year olds use it. When I was 11 I had to hoard copies of the victoria secrets catalogs we'd get in the mail before my mom would throw them out.... Ah, technological progress!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4